Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 15th, 2014, 19:46   #151
Aj619

There are three types of systems for Poppit valved paintball gun forward spring air assisted return, forward air spring assisted return, air forward air return.

all are pneumatic all are used by both pneumatic and electro-pneumatic systems. the polar star falls in to the latter category while the Tippmann falls into the former.
Old March 29th, 2014, 00:33   #152
-=ArchAngel=-

Sorry for the necro, but has anyone seen anything about a targeted release date?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 15:52   #153
R&D Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
Sorry for the necro, but has anyone seen anything about a targeted release date?
We built the first gun on the production floor yesterday. We hope to be selling guns by June.

This Week In Airsoft Episode 64 - YouTube
R&D Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 09:30   #154
dreamkiller

http://www.tippmannparts.com/mobile/...ductCode=10621

Guys, more details on price and date of release.
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 11:27   #155
SuperHog

Unfortunately Tippmann does not live and breath airsoft, whereas some of these other companies do. Paintball industry is flat so Tippmann is trying to diverse into something they should have done 15 years ago but chose paintball back then.

Tippmann may be popular but with only a few low end products like the 98 and the X5 which nearing the end of the life cycle. They had many failed products like the flatline barrels, propane paintball guns, the recent tourney/woodsball Crossover gun. If the Tippmann airsoft gun does bad, like any of their failed products, they quickly drop it and go back to paintball.

Polarstar is devoted to airsoft like others in our airsoft industry.

Last edited by SuperHog; April 20th, 2014 at 11:48..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:13   #156
jomor

Tippmann

Well I for one are willing to give them a chance. It's true about some of their failed guns. But which company hasn't had a dog or dog and koodos to them for trying different things. For their products that have worked they have been in use for what 20 years? That to me sounds like great success! The A5, 98 and the A7 have been very reliable markers.
I think, not 100% yet sure, that they will back up product and the cost will probably be a lot less than a polar star. Plus the idea of carrying around tank with a hose is one of the reasons I left Paintball. It's not as realistic as having to change mags and a none tethered gun gives you more freedom of motion. So lets just sit back and see what they are bringing to the table then we can crap all over it.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:40   #157
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Yes, give them a chance. This product failing or being mediocre will still propel companies like Tippman towards more R&D. Polar Stars piss me off because of the remote line, but at least these have the magazine reservoir option. The biggest issues I've seen is that they chose to go with a standard AEG hop-up.
Old April 20th, 2014, 14:28   #158
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

SuperHog, I'm trying to figure out what your hate is for Tippmann and their products. There is nothing low-end about Tipppmann unless you look at their pricing. If you only look at pricing, then you are a fool.
Who wouldn't want a paintball marker (if you're into paintball) that retails for under $200 and is damn near indestructible? From all of your previous posts in this thread, it seems you are an Empire/Kee guy when it comes to paintball.. good for you for following a company that hasn't developed a new product in 25 years (they take other technology and 'reinvent' it for their own use).
Let's wait and see how Tippmann's airsoft GBBR works. I believe that it will surprise a lot of you and impress even more of you.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 15:08   #159
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Unfortunately Tippmann does not live and breath airsoft, whereas some of these other companies do. Paintball industry is flat so Tippmann is trying to diverse into something they should have done 15 years ago but chose paintball back then.

Tippmann may be popular but with only a few low end products like the 98 and the X5 which nearing the end of the life cycle. They had many failed products like the flatline barrels, propane paintball guns, the recent tourney/woodsball Crossover gun. If the Tippmann airsoft gun does bad, like any of their failed products, they quickly drop it and go back to paintball.

Polarstar is devoted to airsoft like others in our airsoft industry.
Only a few low end products? You missed the A5, X7(i think this is what you meant), X7 Phenom, and the TiPX, all of which are very popular not only as entrance level markers, but also with milsim(pb variant) and magfed enthusiasts.

Also, prospects in airsoft is a completely different animal than they've ever dealt with in the past. Unless its a total product failure, I personally dont see Tippman giving up airsoft so easily. Airsoft represents a lot of potential growth, unlike the stagnant paintball industry (in my opinion at least).

But heck, its way too early to be forecasting how Tipppmann will do in the airsoft industry. Lets just wait and see.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; April 20th, 2014 at 15:10..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 15:55   #160
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Tippman is the AK of paintball, I've had a 98 Custom that has run through the worst of conditions and kept ticking.
I'm looking forward to having that durability and reliability not to mention price tag put into airsoft, sure its new, and as with most new products there are teething problems especially for companies who don't know much about the industry, VFC stepping into GBBRs with their MP5s, now they're doing well.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 17:26   #161
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I for one think it's fantastic that a company like Tippmann is coming on board. I'm wondering how the airsoft community will shift to HPA systems, I remember lugging a scuba tank back in the day to Badlands before fields invested in them.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 17:40   #162
jomor

YA

This is a pipe dream, but I hope that there product turns out to change the market for the better. If they can produce a great airsoft gun at a lower cost than having to buy an airsoft gun then add an expensive polar kit then bring it on!! I can't believe I said A7, it was the X7! DUH!!!
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 21:35   #163
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
SuperHog, I'm trying to figure out what your hate is for Tippmann and their products. There is nothing low-end about Tipppmann unless you look at their pricing. If you only look at pricing, then you are a fool.
Who wouldn't want a paintball marker (if you're into paintball) that retails for under $200 and is damn near indestructible? From all of your previous posts in this thread, it seems you are an Empire/Kee guy when it comes to paintball.. good for you for following a company that hasn't developed a new product in 25 years (they take other technology and 'reinvent' it for their own use).
Let's wait and see how Tippmann's airsoft GBBR works. I believe that it will surprise a lot of you and impress even more of you.
No hate for Tippmann. They make cheap CO2 low end blowback stuff for recreational and rental players. I play both paintball and airsoft. I owned both a 98 and A5, both are overweight potmetal paintball guns and a pain to work on. BT, their competitor took the clamshell design and made the internals more accessible for service.

As for Kee. Kee has been buying up paintball companies and rebrands them under the Empire name, that would include Autocockers, Invert/Axe and JT. I also own Planet Eclipse, Bob Long, DYE and Smart Parts. So I am not a single brand loyal.

I played speedball and all of my guns are speedball guns running on HPA. All cnc milled and anodized, unlike the recreational Tippmann guns that are pot metal and powder coated not even in the same league.

Tippmann was recently bought out by GI Sportz which is another paintball company that also focuses on making paintballs and paintball guns. So essentially this Tippmann airsoft gun is the only thing they have? I certainly will give them a chance. Since all their staff live and breathe paintball and now are airsoft experts overnight.

As to the Tippmann GBBR design, the unregulated CO2 is a turn off. Why don't they use their own propane patents from the past and apply it to this GBBR?

I would expect them to consider HPA, since that is superior over CO2. Then again, Tippmann has little experience with HPA.

Last edited by SuperHog; April 21st, 2014 at 09:57..
Old April 20th, 2014, 22:24   #164
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
I for one think it's fantastic that a company like Tippmann is coming on board. I'm wondering how the airsoft community will shift to HPA systems, I remember lugging a scuba tank back in the day to Badlands before fields invested in them.
There will be airsoft players with HPA, AEG and GBBR. Neither one will phase out the other. Tippmann has chosen CO2

Just like in paintball.... HPA or CO2

If you are into airguns... its either a springer, CO2 or PCP(HPA)

Last edited by SuperHog; April 20th, 2014 at 23:25..
Old April 21st, 2014, 14:14   #165
dreamkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
No hate for Tippmann. They make cheap CO2 low end blowback stuff for recreational and rental players. I play both paintball and airsoft. I owned both a 98 and A5, both are overweight potmetal paintball guns and a pain to work on. BT, their competitor took the clamshell design and made the internals more accessible for service.

As for Kee. Kee has been buying up paintball companies and rebrands them under the Empire name, that would include Autocockers, Invert/Axe and JT. I also own Planet Eclipse, Bob Long, DYE and Smart Parts. So I am not a single brand loyal.

I played speedball and all of my guns are speedball guns running on HPA. All cnc milled and anodized, unlike the recreational Tippmann guns that are pot metal and powder coated not even in the same league.

Tippmann was recently bought out by GI Sportz which is another paintball company that also focuses on making paintballs and paintball guns. So essentially this Tippmann airsoft gun is the only thing they have? I certainly will give them a chance. Since all their staff live and breathe paintball and now are airsoft experts overnight.

As to the Tippmann GBBR design, the unregulated CO2 is a turn off. Why don't they use their own propane patents from the past and apply it to this GBBR?

I would expect them to consider HPA, since that is superior over CO2. Then again, Tippmann has little experience with HPA.

Try X7 Phenom, super easy to maintain and work on. Super efficient with HPA and has the robustness of 98.
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion