Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 2nd, 2015, 20:39   #151
Nikotin

I got it from Milsig, only because they had a 25% off everything sale - their prices are way too high otherwise.

The action is a little stiff out of the box, and I think one of the shells doesn't always feed, but it seems to be working pretty well so far. I'll post photos if I discover anything strange or interesting.
Nikotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:48   #152
boony

Update:

Added a heat shield, cut to size for the also cut to size 12.5" barrel. Had to do a lot of sawing and filing to get everything to fit accordingly. Because of all the plier work and sawing theres ugly scratches EVERYWHERE; frankly I don't care lol but I can re-blue all the parts later if I feel like it.

Took off the Hogue foreend, it gets stuck as you rack the foreend backwards due to the barrel becoming slightly wider and the foreend inner rubber getting stuck with great friction. It is very very hard to push it forward once you rack it all the way back; kills the smooth action, so I put on the stock police style foreend back.

You can dremel the inside walls of the Hogue foreend for it to work, but I don't have a dremel, and was using a blade therefore didn't make much progress to removing inner material.

Added the 6-Shell S&J Hardware holder with velcro tape, cheaper and easier to take off if needed than say a mesa tactical shell holder. Will probably upgrade to the mesa tactical later though to switch it up.

Also, I was searching far and wide for Remington 870 ghost ring sights; everywhere you go you're going to be paying $130+ for the real shotgun sights. This isn't a real shotgun, why pay a third of the guns cost for just sights? So I lucked out and found this product, the ATI Halo Heat Shield which comes with a cheap plastic rear ghost ring and front sight as well. They're supposed to both attach to the heat shield, but I glued the rear ghost ring on the receiver, and the front sight is screwed in as it should on the shield. Had to cut the rear barrel huggers on the shield since it obstructed with any foreend I threw on. And I just black electrical taped it securely lol.

One last mod is hopefully coming soon; the G&P Tactical Flashlight foreend.
(Anyone know if you can possibly swap the flashlight that comes with it for a super short one? Such as the LED short version that comes with Surefire foreends? What size are these flashlights, is there a specific size number/tail switch number for compatible flashlights?)

Tell me what you think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-03 12.18.36.jpg (1.25 MB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-02-03 12.17.41.jpg (1.10 MB, 44 views)
boony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 05:34   #153
rOnii

That's a nice build !

On my side, I have no problem with Hogue forend. Smooth action and no mods required !
rOnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 21:46   #154
Nikotin

I've got a Hogue forend on the way too, I will report whether it works with my SF without mods.
Old February 5th, 2015, 18:15   #155
boony

Got the G&P CA870 handguard with CREE LED flashlight;

Holy sh** it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to cut the inside of this hanguard to fit the CAM870 foreend tube. Gonna finally have to go out and buy a Dremel lol. I wonder if anyone else could shed some light with pics to their method of this madness to get this thing on LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-05 17.04.50.jpg (437.4 KB, 28 views)
Old February 5th, 2015, 18:29   #156
Danke

It came in 2 pieces like that?
Old February 5th, 2015, 18:40   #157
N_Force

You cut it in two pieces, check post#83, someone got it done but not easy.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 19:40   #158
Nikotin

This afternoon was quite an adventure, but I've finally got my gun together with Hogue overrubber furniture. The base gun for this was the CAM870 SF.

The foregrip wasn't so bad - I didn't have a forend tool so I ended up having to completely disassemble the gun to unscrew the nut using a pair of pliers. The grip fits on fine, but it does rotate just a little bit. I ended up shimming it with plastic stirsticks until I find something better.

The buttstock was another matter. The end needs to be cut to fit around the protruding tabs at the back, as detailed in post #123. Furthermore, the included hex bolt is NOT the same threading as the back of the receiver - the CAM870 uses metric 6mm threads.

I wandered around town all day trying to find a suitable bolt at the right length (about 6"), but none seemed to exist. I ended up buying a 6mm threaded rod, cutting that to size and securing it with a nylon lock nut in the end.

Other than that the gun looks great and has been cycling shells almost perfectly!

Old February 5th, 2015, 19:40   #159
boony

No it comes intact, theres a couple metal pins that hold it together like an AEG gear box, but surprisingly no screws, you simple pull the whole thing apart and the glue holding it together breaks. The piece I got took absolutely no force to break apart, gonna glue it together more semi-permanently after my modifications. Just borrowed a Dremel from my buddy lol

^@nikotin

Yeah I forgot to mention in my posts about the Hogue stock that you need a metric 160mm (at least) long bolt.
I ordered a 150mm from Boltdepot, still was just a tad too short. The way I did mine was shim the inside of the hollow surround of the bolt with lots of random spacers that embedded themselves in the stock tight as I progressively kept tightening my 150mm metric bolt. It's just as solid as a normal bolt would be. Glad you got yours installed nicely!

Edit:

Got it on, after many hours of chaos trying to get this damn thing to just fit. Too hard to even attempt, I do not suggest anyone to get this and do the modding. At the end of the whole procedure I realized I should've centered the handguard more to the tube itself. Right now the tube's rear slightly protrudes passed the back of this handguard. Can't fix this unless I cut more and plastic weld pieces to keep the tube in place.

I personally don't think it looks as good as the stock CAM870SF foreend, set up as in my last post. But finally the shotgun has reached the end of its journey lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-06 01.35.53.jpg (1.52 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-02-06 01.37.43.jpg (1.19 MB, 28 views)

Last edited by boony; February 6th, 2015 at 01:52.. Reason: Didn't want to double post
Old February 6th, 2015, 07:56   #160
Ripper13124

With the gp m870 flaslight grip for Tokyo marui, you don t need to cut anything
Ripper13124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:55   #161
N_Force

Check post #80 & #83, I think you have a bit mix up.

Old February 6th, 2015, 10:39   #162
Ripper13124

They have this version

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-weapo...m870-t8-1.html

And me i have this one

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-tacti...l#.VNTf1oZPeJI

And the marui model fit good with cutting!!!

Is it clear?
Old February 6th, 2015, 12:53   #163
N_Force

Hmm, I also have the bottom one you mentioned, I did try, but it only worked with Marui, not fit into this APS, strange?? Anyway, I have it on Marui M870 already.

Like I mentioned before, the design of both loading arms are way different and I have both shotgun side by side and the light would not work for both, that's why I keep asking. Even post#83, he did mentioned it needed to have heavy modifications to get it fit that I completely agree. I couldn't figure out what exactly different between yours and ours?

I also have the Maruzen shotgun, Maruzen is the same loading arm design like APS, only Marui is way different. I still believe you reverse both. Hope you don't mind me verify! ��

Last edited by N_Force; February 6th, 2015 at 13:08..
Old February 6th, 2015, 14:58   #164
Ripper13124

It is strange and i took it on y marui m870 and it fits very well on my aps !! No modification no cut Nothing just a piece of chatterton on the pump tub and is ok!!
Old February 6th, 2015, 18:30   #165
BattleBorn

ok, so has anyone had a look at G&P PTS Wingmaster?

I never wanted a shotgun until I saw this! Another question, how is it playing with a shotty? Wouldn't it be a pain picking up your shells off the ground all the time?
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion