Anybody wants glowing BB, Black BB?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old February 18th, 2009, 18:59   #31
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
I'd actually like to see Huang get in decent tracer mag unit in (comparable to the G&G one's...or is it G&P??), in assorted models (MP5, AR, AK, G3...etc). In either case, $45-$50 a pop for the existing AR version is a little unrealistic, as they are standard mid caps, and you'd want more than one or two for your load out (it'll get pricey).
As for the tracer BBs themselves, a reasonably good grade in a 0.20s and 0.25s are already available (around $18 USD for 1000), but they are a bugger to source and a pain to ship in for a reasonable price. So a local supplier would be nice.
As well, I'd would be very interested in 0.30 and 0.36 weight tracer BBs...if anyone ever decided to make them.

SHA DO

Jugglez now carries MadBull tracer BB's. I'll probably test a batch out at FR's on the 28th if I can get my MP5 running.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 19:53   #32
Drake
E-01

<Hijack>

For my fellow locap/realcap users who are inclined to tinker/mod, DonP has a simple and inexpensive guide to converting a regular mag into "tracer BB activating" one. I don't usually run tracers in regular mags, but for anyone who wants to:

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/20...into-magazine/

</hijack>
Old February 18th, 2009, 20:20   #33
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Jugglez now carries MadBull tracer BB's. I'll probably test a batch out at FR's on the 28th if I can get my MP5 running.
Hmmmm, very interesting.
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
<Hijack>

For my fellow locap/realcap users who are inclined to tinker/mod, DonP has a simple and inexpensive guide to converting a regular mag into "tracer BB activating" one. I don't usually run tracers in regular mags, but for anyone who wants to:

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/20...into-magazine/

</hijack>
Was already planning to do this type of conversion to my APS mags, but only if I could source some heavier weight tracer BBs.

Thanks for the link bro;
SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 20:46   #34
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Hmmmm, very interesting.
Thanks bro.

Was already planning to do this type of conversion to my APS mags, but only if I could source some heavier weight tracer BBs.

Thanks for the link bro;
SHA DO
np.

with the mag illumination mod you just have to remember one thing. the BB that is chambered will be out of sight of the LED and will begin losing it's luminescence. seeing that you want to do this with your sniper rifle, you will have to find a way to light the BB that is sitting in your hopup chamber.

Mag illumination is better suited to AEG with a ROF more than one ever so often.
Old February 18th, 2009, 20:52   #35
skalnok

just dont have one chambered until you spot the enemy and then know you are going to take the shot at them then load? lmfao

tis a very bad idea me thinks
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 20:53   #36
Sha Do

LOL...no probs there. I never chamber a BB unless I have a shot. It's a safety thing....and it helps reduce wear on parts caused by the fatigue of a compressed high power spring. Besides, even a slight glow will help track the BBs when using my NV Gen2 scope, as I really hate using the emmiter.

But there's still that problem of no heavy weight tracer BBs.....

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 21:04   #37
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
LOL...no probs there. I never chamber a BB unless I have a shot. It's a safety thing....and it helps reduce wear on parts caused by the fatigue of a compressed high power spring. Besides, even a slight glow will help track the BBs when using my NV Gen2 scope, as I really hate using the emmiter.

But there's still that problem of no heavy weight tracer BBs.....

SHA DO
Ah. Ok then. All you need to make sure is that the light source is visible to where the next BB waiting to be chambered sits. If it sits too low in the mag, you'll get near zero charging. I'm assuming the APS mags experience the same issue as AEG's when you load a mag, where 4 or 5 BB's are released upwards into the bottom of the hopup?

Hope things goes well. Also hope I'm not on the receiving end more than a couple of times.

BTW, secured a jar of MadBull .25 tracers. Will bring them to FR to see how they shoot. Just gotta work on the MP5 between now and then.
Old February 18th, 2009, 21:10   #38
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Ooooohhh. Red AND green tracers... I smell a night time Star Wars game...

Throw in some blue for some Clone Wars action too.

/Nerdtime
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:17   #39
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Ooooohhh. Red AND green tracers... I smell a night time Star Wars game...

Throw in some blue for some Clone Wars action too.

/Nerdtime
Actually, while Western tracers are usually red, some Russian and Chinese tracers contain barium in some form (don't remember what it was exactly -- barium oxide, I think. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me. It's also used in fireworks for "green explosions"). But yeah anyway, green tracers would be accurate for AK users.
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:35   #40
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Actually, while Western tracers are usually red, some Russian and Chinese tracers contain barium in some form (don't remember what it was exactly -- barium oxide, I think. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me. It's also used in fireworks for "green explosions"). But yeah anyway, green tracers would be accurate for AK users.
Naturally, but I'm picturing the tracers as little mini laser bolt things in a night game, and seeing an endless horde of Stormtroopers cresting a hill on the attack.

I can't help but be geeky when the opportunity presents itself.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:36   #41
Turnbull

Thats pretty badass Drake.
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:42   #42
Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I don't know about others, but I don't like black BB's because I can't see/trace them.
Yeah, I hate it when the hopper gets in the way of my aiming, too.

Old February 19th, 2009, 11:12   #43
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Been looking for red tracer bb's as well for a while

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:35   #44
Kimbo
formerly pivot

red traces would be great.

Would be good if the black bb's were high quality, need a bunch for the Claybank game in May.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 13:58   #45
coach
aka coachster

Tested a few of the MadBull tracers I got from Jugglez at TAC. I had bright green laser beams flying around my room. They work well in the old Marui tracer unit. Seem to charge up pretty quick and retain it's charge for a decent amount of time.

Will have to take them onto the field next week to see how they fair. All in all, for the price for $20 for 2000, or 1 cent per BB, I'm happy with them. They are .25's so it should do fine on the field. Regardless, it'd be loads of fun in a CQB or night game.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion