Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Impression assistance

:

WW1, WW2

Old September 9th, 2007, 10:25   #1
Bandit

Impression assistance

So, my mates and I, now that we have modern Russian and 1980s Canadian impressions done (and I use "impression" to the fullest sense of the word as we fudge a few details for price/taste/airsoft-ability), are looking into the next thing. We are big fans of unique kits, as there are not many Ruskies nor Operation Snowgoose style Canuck squads in our area.

What were are looking to replicate now is WWII commonwealth forces in the southeast Asian theatre, particularily Canadian or British troops. No fancy units or anything like that, just your run of the mill ordinary infantry soldier. We are not big into insignia nor indications of rank, the only patches we would like would be indications of nationality.

So far I have managed to stumble across a site that carries quite a bit of repro and surplus stuff at http://whatpriceglory.com/ukkd.htm, so that helps out quite a bit.

However, where I am stumbling is the webbing. The internet has failed me so far in finding out which odds and ends I need in order to at least approximate a proper load out.

Also, I've not had any luck finding any sort of patches with the "old style" Canadian flag on them. And by old style I mean this:

Any help at all is appreciated!

Last edited by Bandit; September 9th, 2007 at 10:31.. Reason: Clarity
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 13:17   #2
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

There weren't any national patches during WW2 like we have nowadays, back in the day it was simply regiment regalia (flashes and cap badge).
Anyway, if you basically build a khaki tropical uniform (circa 1940), you'd be covered for any run of the mill.
Old September 9th, 2007, 19:09   #3
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com

We have a bunch of links for Uniform/Webbing sellers, forum has more stuff as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 19:52   #4
leecas
The Rain Man

They wouldn't of had the flag on their uniform. They would have had a patch with just Canada, it would have been above the regiment insignia.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 20:03   #5
Bandit

Excellent information so far, thanks folks!

Mainly what I am curious about is what components make up the webbing so that I can piece together an order.
Old September 9th, 2007, 20:37   #6
leecas
The Rain Man

You're on the right track at What Price Glory. Here is a list of the webbing that you would need, the trouble is they are out of stock but the list will give you a start.

http://www.whatpriceglory.com/ukwwi08.htm
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 21:37   #7
jaymz1911

Send a message via MSN to jaymz1911
If your still looking for Canadian or British kit, try Things Military in Calgary. Talk to Bill, he's always glad to help
plus check this link: http://www.thingsmilitary.com/produc...et-282-25.html

Hope this helps.
Old September 10th, 2007, 22:41   #8
Bandit

Excellent. I'm going to go check that place out in the next couple of days for sure.

This is basically what I want to go for:

I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do for a primary. Airsoft Lee Enfields appear to be in short supply.
Old September 10th, 2007, 23:08   #9
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Its possible to convert an M14 to a Garand, but im not sure how. Leecas has done it however so you could start by asking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 23:39   #10
jaymz1911

Send a message via MSN to jaymz1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Excellent. I'm going to go check that place out in the next couple of days for sure.

This is basically what I want to go for:

I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do for a primary. Airsoft Lee Enfields appear to be in short supply.
Well to tell ya the truth... I have never seen a Lee Enfield 303 in airsoft form, but I have seen Sten's GBB but vary expencive and hard to get... But I do know of a place the may still sell deactivaed Sten's if you want to look the part. There a Canadian seller
http://www.collectorssource.com/

Glad to help!
James
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:25   #11
[Lithium]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution View Post
Its possible to convert an M14 to a Garand, but im not sure how. Leecas has done it however so you could start by asking him.
conversion kits are your friend...

And if you do decide to get a deactivated sten, please dont try to make it fire BB's.. We call that illegal, and the government doesnt like it much.

I do personally suggest going for an M1, as they were used by commonwealth forces during World War II, and are actually existent in airsoft form, unlike the lee-enfield

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:28   #12
Bandit

An M14 is likely what I was going to get. Hopefully the mags fit the pouches! At least that way I would stay competitive on the field versus all those folks out there with 21st century assault rifles!

I was thinking about getting a VSR or similar bolt action spring rifle, but I doubt that would work out so well on the field.

As for a Sten gun, it'd be nice but I doubt I'll make the effort to get one. Maybe I'll just hold my teammates MAC-11 on its side and pretend!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2