:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 24th, 2005, 17:32   #16
Obelisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2enegade
would you say the G2 is better than the 6P?
For the money, go with a G2. The only thing I can think of getting a 6P is its LED conversion capability. The G2 is bright, light and very strong. You will be surprised how much light you can get for the money you pay. Oh yeah, and it comes with pretty colour too
You can put a LED on the G2 too, though the nitrolon body isn't the greatest for acting as a heatsink.

Ok, here's the main differences:

G2
Lower Price
Nitrolon polymer (plastic + glass) is more resistant to scratches
Lighter
Only the newest versions have a lock-out tailcap
Multiple colour options

6P
Higher Price
HA II Aluminum, either in Black or Gunmetal--note that it isn't HA III, which is much more resilient to scratches
Heavier
Standard lock-out tailcap
More closely mimics the look of the classic WeaponLight systems.

Both are 1 in diameter for the body and both can take pressure switches and other tailcaps. Both have lifetime SureFire warranties. The G2 is SureFire's entry-level light while the 6P is positioned more as a classic, duty light.

My friend has a Tan G2 for sale if you want that
Obelisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 15:48   #17
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
The 2 lights use tha same assembly head. You cant just get the "bulb". The P6 and G2 use the P60 lamp assembly 60 lumens, the P61 is also available and kicks out a terrifying 120 lumens. The Big difference is the Batteries on the P60 last 1 hour the P61 will chew through them in Oh 20 min. You cant run either light for that long but the 6P has the Pyrex(?)really tough glass) lense cover and the G2 uses a plexi/Poly/ PLastic Lense cover. If you cook either lense from leaving it on you will need to replace the head assembly thats tougher to get done.
I pimp a knock off alum. body xenon buld so its bright and tough for 45 bux. but its in most ways similar to the 6P.
Chers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 16:10   #18
Anduril

Send a message via MSN to Anduril
Get the E2D! get the E2D!! lol :tup: :angel:

I luv it!!!! looks spectacular and its just.....sexellent! lol
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 16:51   #19
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril

I have the E2D. It's a little smaller than the other Surefire. But for mounting on a gun, it's kinda not made for that.

I like the teeths on my light, but what anoy me is when I wear it on my belt, not in a pocket, if I bend in a serten way, the teeths get me in the side and it hurt.

The light is also very strong, I droped it a few time, never broken like a maglight.

I'd like to put the Led conversion head on my E2D but I don't want to loose the deadly teeths. (the conversion head don't have teeths).

Oh and by the way, I think the remote switchs don't fit the E2D for mounting it on a firearm. So don't bother using it on a gun.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 17:26   #20
Obelisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril

I have the E2D. It's a little smaller than the other Surefire. But for mounting on a gun, it's kinda not made for that.

I like the teeths on my light, but what anoy me is when I wear it on my belt, not in a pocket, if I bend in a serten way, the teeths get me in the side and it hurt.

The light is also very strong, I droped it a few time, never broken like a maglight.

I'd like to put the Led conversion head on my E2D but I don't want to loose the deadly teeths. (the conversion head don't have teeths).

Oh and by the way, I think the remote switchs don't fit the E2D for mounting it on a firearm. So don't bother using it on a gun.
Hehe, I happen to have an extra E2D lying around for sale

Fox is correct--there wasn't any switches before, but there is now (pretty new in SureFire's line). The Scout WeaponLight system/series has switches that fit the E2D.

Note that Fox is right in that since the diameter is smaller (not 1-inch), you will still be able to find a mount/ring to use, but you won't have as many different choices/models to choose from.
Obelisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 20:28   #21
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
there is now (pretty new in SureFire's line). The Scout WeaponLight system/series has switches that fit the E2D.
COOL

Now they have to come out with a new bezel for the led modification. I want teeths!!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion