Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Guns Modify WE SCAR Steel Bolt

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 23rd, 2011, 16:37   #1
Fox62
Banned

Guns Modify WE SCAR Steel Bolt

I recently bought IT for my SCAR, and I'd very much recommend it to anyone who'd like to make theirs more reliable and harder kicking.

The whole feels much more solid than the original pot metal parts, and looks a lot smoother on the side (as well as realistic, given the mock lock carrier pin). The sound is a lot cleaner too.

The installation might also require to sand down the plastic guides for the nozzle, but making everything fit shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes. I think these parts are a compromise between the original and the Ra-Tech ones (which I believe are inferior), since the latter are much heavier and I've heard reports of not working very well, specially in full auto.

Very pleased with this upgrade, here's some pics.

Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 23:33   #2
Ross

I loved the steel bolt. Rocked my world. Full auto was dodgy though. The recoil on it was nuts. You actually had to compensate for recoil with the bipod deployed.
Old December 24th, 2011, 13:57   #3
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I loved the steel bolt. Rocked my world. Full auto was dodgy though. The recoil on it was nuts. You actually had to compensate for recoil with the bipod deployed.
Well, guess the RA-TECH one isn't all that crappy then. How'd your trigger set handle it? Or did you also upgrade that to steel? No FPS change either? And how was the installation (did you just get the bolt carrier or the full set?)?

My main concerns with the RA-TECH bolt is that it's too heavy, they don't address the problem with the bolt locking back with the hammer, didn't bother to add the mock bolt lock pin. So that's how I see the Guns Modify one as better (and also a bit cheaper).

Fox.
Old December 24th, 2011, 14:39   #4
Ross

The trigger set was steel (minus the actual trigger) The fps stayed the same. close to 480 on .2g bbs. The bolt and bolt carrier were steel. Absolutely all of the the screws needed to be loctite because they would unscrew themselves after an hour of playing. On full auto the bolt would not lock back. Not sure why. I stuck with semi auto for actual games though. Bolt needed to be lubed well before each game or it would come grinding to a halt. Full auto would eat through the gas before the bbs because it takes twice as long for the bolt to cycle.
Old December 24th, 2011, 15:04   #5
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
The trigger set was steel (minus the actual trigger) The fps stayed the same. close to 480 on .2g bbs. The bolt and bolt carrier were steel. Absolutely all of the the screws needed to be loctite because they would unscrew themselves after an hour of playing. On full auto the bolt would not lock back. Not sure why. I stuck with semi auto for actual games though. Bolt needed to be lubed well before each game or it would come grinding to a halt. Full auto would eat through the gas before the bbs because it takes twice as long for the bolt to cycle.
LOL, and you loved it?

What bucking are you using anyway? Both the Falcon and the Nine Ball have given me great results, want to try the new "Modify" one, which is also quite cheap.

Fox.
Old January 26th, 2012, 22:14   #6
Ross

I used the standard open bolt tm hi-cappa style hop up. Worked as good as gas hop ups can.
Old June 12th, 2012, 20:51   #7
KingLenardee

I am wondering What if the we steel bolt carrier breaks? Were should I buy it from?
KingLenardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 23:00   #8
syrus

ok so this morning I noticed my we scar cocking handle broke a piece off the back of it (damn pot metal). so I wanted to switch it up to the ra tech super bolt and throw in an npas kit. i was wondering if it was also louder now with the bolt being 2x heavier?
syrus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications