Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

probably an extremely stupid question -Goggles

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 25th, 2012, 01:47   #16
Dirtbag

Seeing the OP is Aldergrove

Bigfoot out it the valley (Mission) sealed eye protection, paintball goggles or similarly rated.

Mesh goggles, built like paintball goggles with a safety glasses underneath.

As for your gas mask idea my bet is you will not make through one full day either due to fogging or lack of comfort, or the simple inability to see.

Take to heart the checking of you goggles the rental goggles at our field are having lens replacements, we had 3 failures (cracks). They are all about 4 years old.
Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:52   #17
Taxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
i was wondering...i sweat like crazy and need stuff that breaths very well, do these protect well?

PS: i got a giant noggin...
it will get in the way of your aiming big time. May wanna get a riser for the optics. On M4 with the red dot, it is almost imposible to aim. Iron face type works much better.

As for paintball goggles, GT spectras are fine.

Last edited by Taxt; April 25th, 2012 at 05:23..
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:50   #18
BennyBoy

i looked at that but didn't look as breathable as the mesh one, am i wrong?
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:20   #19
teccy

get this or something similar, remove the strap and attach it to your goggles with zip ties.

Takes some fiddling to get it right, but once you are comfortable with it, it's a really good solution which will not get in the way of aiming with a RDS.

Team GHOSTS
teccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:17   #20
Coward

impact proof red lenses test with gas blow back g36 - YouTube they seem pretty solid x]
Coward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 13:54   #21
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
i was wondering...i sweat like crazy and need stuff that breaths very well, do these protect well?

PS: i got a giant noggin...
Nearly everyone on my team last game was wearing one. I assume they work well...hope so cause I eventually got one.

To the original poster: I have a buddy who made a custom mask using the above face guard and then attached a paintball lens to it. It looks very solid and he plays a lot so it definitely works. There's a few ways to attach it be it wire ties, super glue, hooks, whatever. The wire mesh bends very easily so it should be pretty simple to mold it right.

edit: the more seasoned players seem to have a different take on the paintball lenses. I'd listen to them not me.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator

Last edited by Grizzly0679; May 9th, 2012 at 15:21..
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 17:11   #22
Coward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
Nearly everyone on my team last game was wearing one. I assume they work well...hope so cause I eventually got one.

To the original poster: I have a buddy who made a custom mask using the above face guard and then attached a paintball lens to it. It looks very solid and he plays a lot so it definitely works. There's a few ways to attach it be it wire ties, super glue, hooks, whatever. The wire mesh bends very easily so it should be pretty simple to mold it right.

edit: the more seasoned players seem to have a different take on the paintball lenses. I'd listen to them not me.
i'd love to see a picture of this if you could possibly get one sometime =D
Coward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 17:47   #23
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coward View Post
Doesn't matter if the lenses are impact proof. What the field operators are checking for is the ol' "is this a possible liability issue?"

If you mod a gas mask, the operators will see
- a modded mask, that has no history of protection
- the possibility of lenses popping
- a liability issue

Maybe you'll find an operator willing to take the risk, but at that point, I'd be raising an eyebrow about the sensibility of the operator. Remember, most of us have a history that often includes a RS firearm background, so we're often very safety & gun-safe oriented.

Personally, my advice is to abandon modding a gas mask and just use an accepted form of eye-pro. Keep the mask for cosplay and off the field.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 21:07   #24
Grizzly0679

Pretty sure its a reliable design because he's an experienced player, and store owner. He must be using some special lens but I do remember him telling me it was from a paintball mask. Could be the goggle lens. I'll admit I couldn't tell you what the difference is.

I'll see what I can do about getting a pic, but I'm certainly not going to post a picture of him without asking.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 22:06   #25
BennyBoy

Sorry for bumping....Ive bought a nice pair but it doesnt fit as well as i like...has anyone tried the elvex visionaires?
http://www.elvex.com/goggles.htm

The lens curve too much so i have it flatten under a box in hopes of it straightening out... Its suppose to be for asian face but now I'm assuming i have one of those retarded faces
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank