Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vfc sr15

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 30th, 2013, 22:42   #1
kanwar88

Vfc sr15

Looking to get into airsoft this summer, and I have been looking into VFC rifles. I have a total budget of $1000 and the SR15 fit nicely into the budget. Does anyone have experience with this airsoft rifle, or is there something else I should be looking at?
kanwar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 23:16   #2
mzo

I do not own any VFC airsoft guns but most airsofters consider VFC and Tokyo Marui to be top electric gun manufacturers.
They are expensive for some beginners (like myself) but other than that most airsoft forums are filled with praise for their electric airsoft guns.
So if you can afford a VFC then buy it.
As for that specific rifle, others will have to comment on that as I have no experience with that rifle.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 00:11   #3
kanwar88

a toronto retailer has it on sale for about 500$ but without battery or charger. I was originally considering a G&G but have heard the max series isnt that great.
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:47   #4
THe_Silencer

VFC makes great guns and some of the best stock externals in the market, However their ambi fire selecter design is quite poorly made. There's lots of looseness on the right selector and mine came off from regular use.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:30   #5
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I'm going to go forth and say that the VFC SR15 is one of the best M4 AEGs on the market currently.

I own 2.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 13:16   #6
kanwar88

should i go with Lipo batteries or NimH?
Also i've heard that the accuracy isnt as good as it could be, does it have a tight bore barrel?

Last edited by kanwar88; March 31st, 2013 at 13:25..
Old March 31st, 2013, 17:00   #7
Felonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwar88 View Post
should i go with Lipo batteries or NimH?
Also i've heard that the accuracy isnt as good as it could be, does it have a tight bore barrel?
When you say you have a 1000$ total to spend is that just for the gun?
Because you might not realize it now but if its for your total airsoft budget (which I don't know if it is) You may want a lower end gun just because me also being a beginner I know this sports adds up quickly especially if you plan on attending milsim events.
Felonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 17:34   #8
kanwar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonies View Post
When you say you have a 1000$ total to spend is that just for the gun?
Because you might not realize it now but if its for your total airsoft budget (which I don't know if it is) You may want a lower end gun just because me also being a beginner I know this sports adds up quickly especially if you plan on attending milsim events.
For all my gear.
I looked into batteries, and mags. I dont currently see any other costs as im using my paintball mask, and my mag pouches and rig gear from my real steel ar-15 setup.
Old March 31st, 2013, 18:58   #9
Felonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwar88 View Post
For all my gear.
I looked into batteries, and mags. I dont currently see any other costs as im using my paintball mask, and my mag pouches and rig gear from my real steel ar-15 setup.
Still there are ALOT of other I guess you could say needed requirements for Milsim.
However If you just plan on attending the odd UA or Flag raiders game I can totally see that.
Felonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 19:50   #10
kanwar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonies View Post
Still there are ALOT of other I guess you could say needed requirements for Milsim.
However If you just plan on attending the odd UA or Flag raiders game I can totally see that.
What other would there be? I am interested.
Currently, I would just be going on the weekends casually, and for four months... as I have to go back to Toronto for school. I might look for airsoft places in toronto but as of now its just for bc.

The other m4 type rifle I am interested in G&G's t4-18 (I believe its top tech?)
Old March 31st, 2013, 20:21   #11
TANNER
ChrisUK

I'm going to second Stealth, SR-15 is a great buy. Acquired one from mach1 recently and just finished upgrading the internals. If you have a thing for externals then VFC it is.

As THe_Silencer pointed out the ambi is a little loose. (Just to note this is not true for all ambi, the VFC scar solved the problem by using small grub screws to keep the gear tight against the gearbox shell). But if your not left handed you wont really notice this.

Also to answer your question earlier It comes wired for a regular tamiya batt. If you want to use lipo you will have to re-solder the connectors.
Old March 31st, 2013, 23:41   #12
kanwar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANNER View Post
I'm going to second Stealth, SR-15 is a great buy. Acquired one from mach1 recently and just finished upgrading the internals. If you have a thing for externals then VFC it is.

As THe_Silencer pointed out the ambi is a little loose. (Just to note this is not true for all ambi, the VFC scar solved the problem by using small grub screws to keep the gear tight against the gearbox shell). But if your not left handed you wont really notice this.

Also to answer your question earlier It comes wired for a regular tamiya batt. If you want to use lipo you will have to re-solder the connectors.
I dont have the time or knowledge to be upgrading components, atleast not at first. Is the rifle good from the get go? And what about the barrel, is it tightbore?
and what about G&G's t4-18 how does that compare?

Sorry for all the newb questions.

Last edited by kanwar88; March 31st, 2013 at 23:44..
Old April 2nd, 2013, 13:16   #13
TANNER
ChrisUK

It's about the same as any other AEG stock.. I wouldn't worry if its a tight-bore or not. See how it shoots first.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 13:35   #14
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
VFC series M4s are a great platform to build off into whatever gun you desire imo :P

the great externals are just a beauty, game it till it breaks then pimp out the internals and you got yourself a gun that can last as well as looks good

Im actually considering buying another one or building a Hi-Capa Race gun.......or both........oh first world airsoft problems...
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank