Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Marushin Mossberg M500 Questions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 26th, 2005, 23:52   #1
deadcell

Send a message via MSN to deadcell
Marushin Mossberg M500 Questions

I have a friend interested in purchasing a Marushin Mossberg M500 Tactical Cruiser I've seen only a few shotguns used and dont really know much about them but did my homework via google and found alot of information but not on this particular gun. I found a single decent review I know its 6mm has 3 barrels, is gas powered and has a loading tube blah blah. I did not find any information on upgradability or its construction in general is it made of metal and plastic? wood maybe? Does it have any common problems? If so how easy are they to fix? How well does propane work? Would it need to be upgraded to use it? etc. Ive searched the forums extensively as well finding little information and any I did probably confuzed me more. Anyways if any owner or previous owner of one of these guns could hit me up some info that ouwld be great thanks.

Jamesy
Old August 27th, 2005, 00:03   #2
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

From my experience with marushin guns, only use duster gas. Propain/green gas tend to blow the seals on the gas chambour. I'm not sure if there's a upgrade for the M500 to take propain, but if there is you should consider getting it. Because if you blow the seals on your gun it's self you will be having a very expensive paper weight sitting around collecting dust.

Erik
Old August 27th, 2005, 06:57   #3
Droc
Angus makes an upgrade kit for it I belive.
Rebort on my team has the 8mm one and it runs off propane fine.
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:22   #4
mujahadeen

Send a message via ICQ to mujahadeen Send a message via MSN to mujahadeen
THREE loading tubes ONE barrel.

Accuracy isn't that great, I'm leaving to go to a 24 hour game in an hour with nothing but a mossberg m500, so as for skrim capabilities, it's ok.

I've got a side folding stock and surefire foregrip on mine, run it on propane. I've got a small leak but is doesn't effect it at all.
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666°, you get 0.80901699, which is one half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi" / It is opposite of balance and harmony ergo: chaos and disharmony.
mujahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:07   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
The overpressure vavle won't handle propane, it just spews it all out. I filled it with epoxy to block it, works fine except when the gun is out in the heat for a while, then it leaks and is useless. I was told to put better O-rings in it to better deal with the higher pressure, and that the M500 has about the strongest gas system out of all the Marushin guns, so a few simple upgrades can be done for propane.

I had Rebort's shotty at a game one day and the rest of the team saw me shoot it past 100ft, one BB veered up, the other two kept going straight. So it's a useable gun, but the player would have to become more skilled to use it against AEG users.

Sweet gun BTW.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 04:32   #6
xboy

Would you guys have any more information or contacts on how to upgrade the M500 to handle propane? I got my m500 awhile now and I notice when I put propane in, it just spits it back out. :-(
xboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 04:50   #7
xboy

Oops nevermind... found a good source on the site after some searching :P
xboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 13:42   #8
mujahadeen

Send a message via ICQ to mujahadeen Send a message via MSN to mujahadeen
where?
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666°, you get 0.80901699, which is one half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi" / It is opposite of balance and harmony ergo: chaos and disharmony.
mujahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion