Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

illegal to buy/sell DND issued CADPAT?

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:39   #31
pugs144

Don't worry, I won't rat out non-CF dudes wearing CADPAT to the meatheads lol.

Last edited by pugs144; June 10th, 2010 at 10:42..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:06   #32
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I wonder if I have enough points to order every turban in the warehouse.
They actually stopped listing the dress turban on everyone's Logistic profile after there was a run on them. I forget the exact figures, but there are few few people in the CF who legitimately wear turbans as part of their dress uniform, and wayyyy too many people were ordering them for shits and giggles. Now you have to go to your OR and have them put a request in to Logistic to have it added to your profile.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:17   #33
scottyfox

There's a CANFORGEN from 2002 that deals with this if anyone wants to dig it up, but I'm not at work.
Nothing new really, mostly what's been said by Kokanee and others.
scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:22   #34
pugs144

This CANFORGEN has already been covered time and time again. Can't really understand why we keep flogging this expired equine. Foreign nationals looking to acquire CADPAT kit can go suck it. Solicit on other forums but don't expect help here.

Quote:
CANFORGEN 120/02 DSSPM 0089 300845Z OCT 02
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANADIAN FORCES SUPPLY MANUAL (CFSM) A-LM-007-014-AG-001 CHAPTER 3 SECTION 2 PARAGRAPH 2
B. CANADIAN FORCES SUPPLY MANUAL (CFSM) A-LM-007-014-AG-001 CHAPTER 28 ANNEX D APPENDIX 13
C. NATIONAL DEFENCE ACT (NDA) PART III CODE OF SERVICE DISCIPLINE SECTION 116

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MSG IS TO REMIND MEMBERS OF REGULATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ILLEGAL SALE OR DISPOSAL OF CROWN ASSETS.

THE INTRODUCTION OF THE CANADIAN DISRUPTIVE PATTERN (CADPAT) HAS RESULTED IN A BLACK MARKET DEMAND FOR CAMOUFLAGE ITEMS WHEREBY CADPAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT HAVE BECOME QUOTE HOT TICKET UNQUOTE COLLECTABLES.

REF A DEFINES COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT AS A QUOTE PERSONAL ALLOTMENT UNQUOTE ACCOUNTED FOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT (IA) AND ARE RETAINED BY INDIVIDUALS AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO MEET THE ENTITLEMENT PARAMETERS OF THE APPLICABLE ENTITLEMENT GROUP CODE (EGC). COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT INCLUDING CADPAT ITEMS ARE CROWN ASSETS AND MUST RPT MUST BE SURRENDERED TO THE SUPPLY SYSTEM WHEN ENTITLEMENT NO LONGER EXISTS. SERVICEABLE CADPAT RPT CADPAT ITEMS WILL BE RETAINED AND RE-ISSUED WHILE ITEMS BEYOND ECONOMICAL REPAIR SHALL BE DESTROYED LOCALLY IAW REF B.

NOTWITHSTANDING THE PENALTIES ASSOCIATED WITH UNAUTHORIZED SALE OR DISPOSAL OF COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT AS DETAILED AT REF C, PERSONNEL ARE ALSO REMINDED THAT THE INHERENT CAMOUFLAGE AND NEAR INFRA-RED (IR) CAPABILITY OF CADPAT MATERIAL OR OTHER ITEMS INCORPORATING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY FALLS UNDER FORCE PROTECTION. SUCH CAPABILITY IN THE WRONG OR ENEMY HANDS JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF CANADIAN TROOPS. CADPAT PATTERNS AND TECHNICAL DATA ARE PATENT AND COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. ADDITIONALLY, THE DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE (DND) HAS ACQUIRED THE TRADEMARK FOR EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE CADPAT ACRONYM. MEMBERS ARE ADVISED THAT CADPAT COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT IS STILL IN DELIVERY AND EVERY SET COUNTS.

THE DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT RESTS WITH DND AND NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBER.

Last edited by pugs144; June 10th, 2010 at 12:29..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:43   #35
Danke

Don't worry when MultiPat comes out there will be floods of surplus relish.

Wait, I've already said to much, red berets are outside the door, signing off,,,
Old April 22nd, 2012, 21:56   #36
Shotgun509

I know this thread is old but certain people are allowed to sell cadpat to civilians and I'm almost certain their cadpat isn't effective vs infra red therefore allowed to sell it
Shotgun509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 22:15   #37
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun509 View Post
I know this thread is old but certain people are allowed to sell cadpat to civilians and I'm almost certain their cadpat isn't effective vs infra red therefore allowed to sell it
WRT to clothing, you are referring to "factory seconds" material that is identified as having defects before the IR dip part of the production process. This material is indeed sold to a select group of gear manufacturers to be turned into products for unrestricted sale.

WRT gear and accessories, there is a "good ole boys" list of manufacturers whom take CADPAT cordura and turn it into pouches and the like, again for unrestricted sale. IE: Wheelers.

Not really worth bringing this dead thread back to life... but whatev's.....

Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion