Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New Canadian Airsoft Retailer

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 12th, 2010, 05:34   #1
Xethman

New Canadian Airsoft Retailer

Greetings to everyone.

I'm in the process of determining the feasibility of starting an airsoft dealership.

The central office would be on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

From my own guns, I'd have to say that I would strongly favor bringing in as much from KWA as possible. If possible, I'd also like to offer both G&G and SRC, as well as several of the rebranded high end items.

This dealership would be equiped with it's own CNC machine shop, and I'm considering having accessories such a silencers made here. I plan to offer both metal AND Delrin accessories. Delrin is a high density plastic which is remarkably durable. Having worked as a machinist, I have a good sense that I could provide these accessories at significantly cheaper prices.

Further to all of this, I've already done some experimentation with modifying my guns to make them quieter. More on this if interest warrents such.

I have substatial capital to try and keep items IN STOCK. I'm also a huge fan of FAST delivery. As I draft my business proposal these will be a few of the key elements.

My question for all of you here is:

Do you feel there is enough interest in what I am proposing to make such a venture worthy for me? You guys let me know how you feel about it. No comments will be taken negatively by me. I love airsoft, and I'd like to be a supplier. I want to carry mostly the high end items and accessories. I may well be able to have high end accessories designed and fabricated in house and offered at great prices.

How much would "ULTIMATE SNIPER RIFLE" (Well96) owners like to have a cool looking flash supressor specifically designed to cover that darn orange barrel tip? That orange tip is not required in Canada. I've already come up with a few simple but elegant compression fit flash supressors that really augment the look of the gun. Or how about barrel extensions? Say 3", 6", 9" etc, extensions that you can screw on to the neg 14 threads found on many guns? Turn a KWA G36C into an SRC K or E version just by adding some barrel length.

Please give me as much feedback as possible. If you guys show enough interest, there is a good chance I can make this happen.

Looking forward to your responses.

Most Sincerely,

Xethman
Xethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:39   #2
juicy

Ooooh, outer barrel extensions? Do want!!!!!

They're a pain to find as is, in the right price range, with the right features, and them being actually compatible (in terms of fit, finish, etc) with whatever projects I have in mind.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:53   #3
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xethman View Post
...Or how about barrel extensions? Say 3", 6", 9" etc, extensions that you can screw on to the neg 14 threads found on many guns? Turn a KWA G36C into an SRC K or E version just by adding some barrel length...
Just an FYI you can't magically turn a G36C into a K or E version simply by throwing a barrel extension on it. There are significant differences in the handguard length as well as the stock and carry handle/optics.

K above, C below.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:28   #4
Xethman

Hey thanks for the info.

Actually, I have several versions of the G36, and you are of course correct. I didn't want to bog my idea down with those details at the start.

The main idea was just to be able to add the barrel extension with ease. The KWA stock gear box appears to be superior to that of the GEN III SRC versions. The build quality of the KWA is quite nice too. Also, I just figured that KWA's G36C is a great platform for a good basic AEG to make short run custom parts for.

You are absolutely correct though concerning the differences in optics, RIS, etc. I think the internals of the KWAs are superior though. But, I'm open to all ideas. Please keep them coming. And try to focus on whether or not there is a demand for another retailer in my area. I'm happy to explore this venture, but only if people want it.

Thanks!

Xethman
Xethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:48   #5
L473ncy

If you're on the island are you in contact with any of the local clubs? They can probably help you out. The first ones that come to mind are CIA (Central Island Airsoft) and SIR (South Island Rangers).

I've sent you a PM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:14   #6
T-Hell

are you talking bringing in Clear Lowers or full on metals etc?

obviously you know about importing anything but clear lowers... would look at this as a positive indeed

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:24   #7
The Saint

If you're going to make silencers, your best bet is to bore only enough room for the inner barrel to pass through. You are least likely to encounter legal difficulties down the road if your silencers have none of the traditional empty cavity associated with airsoft silencers.

As for the G36 barrel conversion market, I don't think that's a wise investment. Existing conversion already exists, and they have proper external finish and accessories to match the rest of the gun. If you're going to make some sort of barrel conversion, your angle would have to be unique. A "short" barrel for a full length G36, for example (omitting everything after the bayonet lug), to satisfy a niche market.

Personally, manufacturing should not be your primary concern or even on the start up checklist. Keep your cost low, retail first and determine what your market is with actual business before venturing into custom parts.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:49   #8
Amos

Airsoft is an extremely difficult market to jump into and be profitable.

This is one of the times that your customers will most likely know 100% more than you do about the topic... and if you make mistakes or accidentally misrepresent something you'll be burnt at the stake.

Know your market inside and out before you start trying to make a cent off of it.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:10   #9
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

To go along with what Amos said, Start small.. I mean, VERY small. There have been way to many people on here that come in and start off way to big. They are successful for a while, but then everything catches up to them and everything goes to shit in very, VERY short order.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:56   #10
Danke

I'll tell you one think right now that's rare as hen's teeth.

KWA/KSC MP7 adapters for tracers units/suppressors. You'll corner the market if you get on them quick.
Old February 12th, 2010, 18:12   #11
majorairsofter

that would be great if you do and totally worth it i would buy from you
Old February 12th, 2010, 18:26   #12
aZn_triXta07

If you plan on taking orders for custom made parts I can give you a list of stuff you could make, you'd be able to sell internationally as well

Example: Tanaka Works M870 (Slide Assembly/Bolt)

The mentioned parts above are either made of plastic & pot metal, once those parts go the gun becomes USELESS.

Anyhow if you do head that route for custom parts shoot me a PM
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 18:39   #13
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
If you are gonna start selling cansofts (clear receiver'd guns) then you better have something that will make you unique from the vast number of other cansoft retailers if you want to be successful. One tactic that has proven to be profitable, approach a manufacturer of airsoft guns, see if they are willing to make clear receiver'd guns and obtain sole rights to selling them in Canada so if anyone else wants to sell them they have to buy from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 20:33   #14
skalnok

Quote:
As for the G36 barrel conversion market, I don't think that's a wise investment. Existing conversion already exists, and they have proper external finish and accessories to match the rest of the gun. If you're going to make some sort of barrel conversion, your angle would have to be unique. A "short" barrel for a full length G36, for example (omitting everything after the bayonet lug), to satisfy a niche market.
i would so be in for one of those that its not even funny lmfaoo
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 20:43   #15
Twin#1[Op-for]

Omg...if this goes through I think you could make a profit JUST from me...
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank