Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to airsoft

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:43   #1
Bullit67

New to airsoft

Hi everyone I just bought my first airsoft gun a classic army G36C. Got it used But in real good shape as far as I can see. I have a couple of questions

1 what should I use to lube the gun I found a manual on line and it mentions silicon oil ?

2 what should be lubed ?

3 whats with all the differant BB weights seems like most are 6mm can I fire any weight ?

any info on mods and upgrades ie. what fits and what dosent seems like springs and barrels are good cheep upgraeds

any other advice would be great

This gun wont see much out door use it will be used for target shooting in the back yard when I cant get to the gun club

It is hard to find info since you cant just good to your local airsoft store and pick there brains (this sucks)

Any one know where to find BB's local in the lower main land of B.C. I live out in Mission

Thanks in advance

Doug
Bullit67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:58   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Welcome.

1. Its neccesary to oil and grease your AEG once in a while to make sure everything keeps moving smoothly. If your skilled in working on the inside of a mechbox, you can pick up a G&P grease kit for cheap and use that.
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=414

Some people have recommended that occasionally shooting a squirt of silicone oil down the feeding hold in the magwell helps, I cannot comfirm or deny this. Personally I see silicone oil as more of a gas gun maintenance item.
However only a certain kinds of silicone oils can be used, those without petroleum distillates, as those have been found to be harmless to seals and other parts of the mechbox.

2. Gears require a small amount of grease.
Piston grooves in the mechbox, and I like to use a small amount of cylinder oil inside the cylinder.

3. Different bb weights will effect penetration through things like bush and brush when your playing outdoors. The higher weight will decrease your FPS and distance overall but will aid with getting the BBs through things like dense leaves. Im assuming your gun is a stock gun, I would recommend either .20g or .25g BBs.

Upgrades should be left up to someone who has the knowledge to work with a mechbox, if you are comfturble with attempting this yourself you can check out websites like mechbox.com and see if you can find information to help.There is a wide variety of upgrades out there, from internal to external parts, what to get is based on what you want to upgrade. As I stated before, mechbox upgrades and repairs are not an easy thing to do, but there are a few airsoft gunsmiths in the bc area that should be able to assist you with anything you may require.

Your in BC, your in good hands in that province as there are alot of players out there.
I believe this is the forum for BC.
http://www.bcairsoft.com/

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 18:19   #3
kalnaren

Just to expand on what T7 said, don't worry about upgrades for a while. When you've played with your gun several times, you'll know what needs to be upgraded.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion