AEG doesn't fire

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 6th, 2006, 09:13   #1
yawn

Send a message via ICQ to yawn
AEG doesn't fire

CA M15A4 CQB

I haven't touched it really, came straight out of the box, mechbox never disassembled. Just put a battery in (charged) and was going to do some plinking around the house but nothing's happening. I just hear a faint noise coming from the gearbox when I pull the trigger, like something is about to happen but nothing. Any ideas?
[17:31] MMMiles: well, i think we have to hope people just stop browsing the damn gallery so much
[17:31] MMMiles: it's basically 50% of our traffic...
[17:35] yawn: someone really likes pictures of guys dressed in fatigues huh/
[17:35] MMMiles: it's better not to think about it
[17:36] yawn: we should start charging if that's the case
yawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 22:28   #2
Swatt Six-Four
Formally SwattMedic

perhaps your motor lash has been cranked too tight, thereby locking your motor. Just a guess. If you could perhaps give a slightly better description of exactly whats happening it would help. For example, I was working on an M4 someone droped off at my house, what would happen is when trigger was depressed I would hear a slight thump, I would also feel a slight knock on the left side kinda of. When I inspected I found that the motor lash was cranked too tight. I cranked if off all the way then tightened it in increments till gears were meshing properly. My advice would be to back motor lash all the way and see if the motor activates properly. Atleast that would eleminate the fire selectior, trigger mechanism and the motor as the problem. Tighten it in a little bit at a time see if it fixes the problem. Hope this helps a little

"Pain is just a symptom of weakness leaving the body"
-Herb Ferh
Swatt Six-Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 22:43   #3
Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwattMedic View Post
perhaps your motor lash has been cranked too tight, thereby locking your motor...
If that doesn’t work it could be a weak battery. Are your motor leads on the correct posts? I know it seems obvious (Red wire = positive) but I saw this happen once.

"Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant." Henry Miller

Guardian’s airsoft projects @ http://www3.sympatico.ca/aftershock/
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:22   #4
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwattMedic View Post
perhaps your motor lash has been cranked too tight, thereby locking your motor. Just a guess. If you could perhaps give a slightly better description of exactly whats happening it would help. For example, I was working on an M4 someone droped off at my house, what would happen is when trigger was depressed I would hear a slight thump, I would also feel a slight knock on the left side kinda of. When I inspected I found that the motor lash was cranked too tight. I cranked if off all the way then tightened it in increments till gears were meshing properly. My advice would be to back motor lash all the way and see if the motor activates properly. Atleast that would eleminate the fire selectior, trigger mechanism and the motor as the problem. Tighten it in a little bit at a time see if it fixes the problem. Hope this helps a little
This reads exactly like what's happening. I press the trigger and there's a slight movement in the pistol grip, sounds like the motor's not really moving.

Question then, how do I back the motor lash?
[17:31] MMMiles: well, i think we have to hope people just stop browsing the damn gallery so much
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:22   #5
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
If that doesn’t work it could be a weak battery. Are your motor leads on the correct posts? I know it seems obvious (Red wire = positive) but I saw this happen once.

Yeah I just tried the battery on my MP5, and it cycles fine...
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:23   #6
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I think SwattMedic is referring to the grip screw. Maybe it's too tight.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:31   #7
yawn

OK, I tried another battery and it worked. I think there's something wrong with my existing one...

Now after tightening and un-tightening the motor plate, my gun makes this high pitched sound when it fires. I untightened, test fired, and untightened until the sound was normal. Now, question is did I do some pernament damage? And aside from the sound of the gun, how much should I tighten or untigten the plate?

Thanks for all your help...
Old October 7th, 2006, 07:08   #8
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

no damage done.

undo the adjustment screw until the gear noise is as quiet as possible. You'll notice that when you start to back out *too* far, the motor will make a loud noise again, but it will be a different sound and pitch from when it was too tight. You want to find that perfect in-between point.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 16:51   #9
techobo

Sorry to dig this one up, but I figured I would post here instead of making a new thread.

I have a CA M15A4 Carbine and it is not firing. I have used two different batteries and on both semi and full auto there is not even a sound coming from the gun. The last time it worked was this afternoon. I put in a battery and pulled the trigger to make sure everything was ok. It dry fired and there was a bit of a delay from the trigger pull to the noise. I pulled it again, there was a longer delay, then the noise. On the third shot I heard the motor trying to cycle but there was no dry fire. I first thought the battery was dead so I put in a new one. Nothing. No sounds. So I charged both batteries and tried again. Again, no dry fire.

The last few games I had gone to I had noticed that there was some lag between the trigger pull and the bb's ejection. People have commented that it was my battery, but I have 3 batteries and they all preform the same. The last game I went to I was getting a lot of jams. I was using semi exclusively and every once and a while a trigger pull would have no shot. So I would switch it to full auto and after a while, bbs would be coming out again. I would switch back to semi and everything would be fine.

I should also note I have never opened the gun, and it has only been used about 6 times.

Any ideas?

Last edited by techobo; April 2nd, 2007 at 16:55.. Reason: spelling
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 17:06   #10
GrieverX

Did you check if the fuse was blown? That may explain why there are no sounds now.
GrieverX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 20:07   #11
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
Sorry to dig this one up, but I figured I would post here instead of making a new thread.

I have a CA M15A4 Carbine and it is not firing. I have used two different batteries and on both semi and full auto there is not even a sound coming from the gun. The last time it worked was this afternoon. I put in a battery and pulled the trigger to make sure everything was ok. It dry fired and there was a bit of a delay from the trigger pull to the noise. I pulled it again, there was a longer delay, then the noise. On the third shot I heard the motor trying to cycle but there was no dry fire. I first thought the battery was dead so I put in a new one. Nothing. No sounds. So I charged both batteries and tried again. Again, no dry fire.

The last few games I had gone to I had noticed that there was some lag between the trigger pull and the bb's ejection. People have commented that it was my battery, but I have 3 batteries and they all preform the same. The last game I went to I was getting a lot of jams. I was using semi exclusively and every once and a while a trigger pull would have no shot. So I would switch it to full auto and after a while, bbs would be coming out again. I would switch back to semi and everything would be fine.

I should also note I have never opened the gun, and it has only been used about 6 times.

Any ideas?
What kinda of voltage is your battery? 7.2V or 8.4V or 9.2V? I noticed that my 7.2V takes a lot of time before it will cycle as opposed to my 8.4

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 17:30   #12
techobo

I checked the fuse, and it seems fine to me. The little metal strip still seems intact.

I use an 8.4 battery.
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 00:24   #13
Denis[teamplayer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
I checked the fuse, and it seems fine to me. The little metal strip still seems intact.

I use an 8.4 battery.
take the fuse out and just touch the 2 contacts (fuse holders) and pull the trigger, and listen for noise. Just to make sure its not the fuse.

Perhaps a motor contact came loose, you could check that. (take off the grip plate and see if the connector spades are attached to your motor)

Not sure what else you can check without opening it up, sounds like an electrical problem, that could stem from inside the gearbox.
Denis[teamplayer] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:12   #14
Kos-Mos

My AUG did that.

It ended that is was the trigger mechanism that was dirty. Had to open the mechbox and clean the copper plates making contact.

Worked perfectly after that.

Sounds exactly like yours. It became problematic in under one game.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:55   #15
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
My AUG did that.

It ended that is was the trigger mechanism that was dirty. Had to open the mechbox and clean the copper plates making contact.

Worked perfectly after that.

Sounds exactly like yours. It became problematic in under one game.
Seconded. The same thing happened to my G36 at the last game I played.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner