Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VSR-10 Hopup Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 4th, 2010, 13:47   #1
Tomolok

Send a message via ICQ to Tomolok Send a message via MSN to Tomolok
VSR-10 Hopup Problem

So I bought a used VSR10 with a stock barrel/hopup setup, for whatever reason there was no backspin on my BBs.

I managed to get a Laylax VSR-10 hopup chamber which requires an AEG barrel which I had lying around (509mm Madbull 6.03mm), everything installed with PDI barrel spacers, but the BB's are still arching whether the hopup lever is at zero or at max, what could the problem be?

Note: The gun has been chronied at 370fps with BB Bastard 0.25s so it's not a cylinder issue.
PDI Vtrigger installed
Laylax orange zero piston with PDI 200 spring and Laylax Bearing Spring Guide

Doctors please help me out!!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 21:00   #2
ScooterVauto

did you loose that little tiny nubby. appearantly it goes outside the rubber but under the adjustment lever.
I understand it to be the bit that pushes down the rubber creating contact and thus back spin..

I read in a post (Forgive me but i forget the name of the Poster) that if you loose the nubby you can use the end of the ink cartridge from a old school bic pen..
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.

Last edited by ScooterVauto; July 23rd, 2010 at 21:40.. Reason: brain is slow fingers to fast
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 21:37   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomolok View Post
So I bought a used VSR10 with a stock barrel/hopup setup, for whatever reason there was no backspin on my BBs.

I managed to get a Laylax VSR-10 hopup chamber which requires an AEG barrel which I had lying around (509mm Madbull 6.03mm), everything installed with PDI barrel spacers, but the BB's are still arcing DOWN whether the hopup lever is at zero or at max, what could the problem be?

Note: The gun has been chronied at 370fps with BB Bastard 0.25s so it's not a cylinder issue.
PDI Vtrigger installed
Laylax orange zero piston with PDI 200 spring and Laylax Bearing Spring Guide

Doctors please help me out!!
Am I correct with that understanding? If so, above post covers it. If arcing up, whole different ballgame.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:08   #4
CJay

VSR-10 Hopup Problem

On the laylax chamber u don't need that nub. Pivot bar u get with the gold chamber set has the nub built on to it and u have to grind it off if u wanna remove it so u'd know if u managed to lose it I'd hope lol

And stalker if ur arcing up it probs using really light bbs. Use at least 0.3s and see what happens. If it still arcs up then u need to modify ur hop chamber. Had to do it once but it's risky :S

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner