Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking at possible upgrades for my KJW M9

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 6th, 2014, 02:58   #1
Spookums

Talking Looking at possible upgrades for my KJW M9

Hey guys, I am currently browsing the internet for different parts to replace and hopefully improve upon my relatively stock KJW M9. It is a Co2 variant, as it says on the box and came with a magazine ready to fit a 12g Co2 cartridge, but I am switching over to green gas powered mags due to the better cost in my local area and I was told that green gas mags help lubricate the internals somewhat, or am I incorrect on that?

To get back to point, I am currently looking at a few options to upgrade my pistol overall, and I wanted to have a some things cleared up. Looking around online, my KJW M9 is supposedly a perfect clone of the Tokyo Marui M9 version, albeit in metal body construction, is this correct? If this is correct, can I assume all if not many parts and accessories that are TM M9 compatible should be safe for correct installment on my KJW?

Currently I am looking at an inner barrel upgrade as well as a hammer spring upgrade from various sites online. For the former I am looking at a Guarder 6.02mm inner barrel in black with a 105.9mm length seen here, or possibly a Creation 6.04mm inner barrel in silver with a 108mm length, found here. I am inexperienced as of yet with most internal upgrades for my airsoft equipment so I am not sure what the effect would be of the varying lengths and sizes of the inner barrels - if someone could help shed some light as to what exactly the difference in outcome would be from changing the inner barrel dimensions it would be greatly appreciated!

As for the latter being the hammer spring upgrade I was looking at these two options so far, one being the Nine Ball hammer spring found here, for Tokyo Marui M9A1 GBB. Or this variant from the same company, found here, for the Marui M9/M92FS GBB. Would either of these be compatible with my KJW M9? By my own initial look of my hammer spring after removing the slide, I am hesitant to consider the second one in red, as I don't think I can visually see any end piece similar to what is on the red one found on my pistol, unless it is under the metal arch at the end just under the exit point of the barrel that I cannot see.

Another part I am looking at is this here, an upgrade loading part for Marui M9 series pistols - Has anyone else installed this part or something similar and found any noticeable improvement?

My last question for an additional part is this, a KSC 49Rnd long magazine for M93R / M9 GBB pistols. Would this type of magazine be compatible with my KJW M9, or are KSC and KJW not compatible with each other? I was curious about this extended magazine for the possibility of having extended staying power before requiring a reload.

Other then those items, the last two are probably not as interesting, one being a rubberized military grip for my pistol found here, possibly this sight upgrade found here, though I am not sure how that would attach on. As the details are not very clear I am not wholeheartedly certain it is compatible, as my front and rear sights seem fixed into the actual slide.

Also am considering this stainless steel trigger in silver found here, to add a little bit of colour contrast to the all black appearance of my pistol currently.

With all of those possibilities, currently the only thing different about my M9 so far s an installed EA OP laser sight, this one here, and not much else to show for it. If anyone has any feedback for these particular items from previous experience or knows of any better upgrade/replacement parts, or can help clear up some of my questions and concerns regarding the main few items above, I would be truly grateful.

Cheers and happy hunting on the field!
<a href=https://www.facebook.com/OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut target=_blank>Juggernaut Community Page on Facebook</a>, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTOqCk_-cnuorNFYtEsX6w target=_blank>On Youtube @ OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut</a>
Spookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 21:24   #2
audi_bhoy

Green gaz is in fact Propane, with oil already added, and might smell better than Propane. So Green gaz is already oiled, while with Propane you simply add a few drops of silicone oil, for not even half the price of a GG can.

KSC/KWA are not compatible with KJW (Tokyo Marui clone).

I will leave the upgrades to other users, as I mostly run stock pistols
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 21:35   #3
Spookums

Much appreciated for the response and clearing up my question regarding KSC and TM/KJW compatibility, as well as with GG lubing my gun's internals. I will have to look elsewhere and see if I can hunt down an extended M9 or M93R mag through TM ir KJW. I am sure I just haven't searched hard enough in regards to the mags. Thanks once again!
<a href=https://www.facebook.com/OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut target=_blank>Juggernaut Community Page on Facebook</a>, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTOqCk_-cnuorNFYtEsX6w target=_blank>On Youtube @ OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut</a>
Spookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 22:30   #4
apilar

For you inner barrels, length and diameter all have their different influence on the BB. Tight bores, I guess people are calling anything tighter than stock a tight bore, but I mean a 6.01/6.02 will increase the FPS by potentially 30fps.

On the opposing side, the 6.04+, getting really close to stock size which i think is 6.05 apparently give better accuracy but dont increase fps.

Increasing the barrel length will also increase fps, if im not mistaken.

A hammer spring isn't REALLY necessary. It will increase the amount of force required to be pushed back when the slide pushed it down (increase in gas consumption), but it will also strike the magazine gas valve harder and allow more gas out - still more gas consumption.

I have not broken my m9 nozzle running it on propane and CO2, its the blue one, and im pretty sure they have a 'reinforced' one (might only be the 1911's) that is in all odds probably better than the element one you are looking at. My advice is stick to stock unless it breaks and find a high quality replacement - not sure if airsoft surgeon make any, or POM.

The trigger should go on fine, may need a bit of filing here and there, potentially as all replacement parts MAY. Most TM m9 parts should be compatible - assuming you are looking at take down levers, safety (you may want to research that- there are many models with burst and auto etc), triggers, mag catch.

Yes, do not buy KSC/KWA mags for your kjw. They will not work. TM is the best out there, and if you are looking for a longer mag - look for the barry burton long mag (for the samurai edge) they should be compatible and 33 rounds
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 10:36   #5
Azathoth

Typically the thing that breaks internally on a GBB pistol is the loading nozzle. Buy an extra.

If you are wanting that batter accuracy/range. Buy a quality barrel and replace the hopup rubber with something better. 9ball/PDI are my go to rubbers.

Depending on how the hopup on your pistol works you can also R Hop or do a SCS mod both of which greatly improve accuracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion