Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

motorola single pin to kenwood double pin

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 16th, 2007, 14:45   #1
Funker-Tactical

motorola single pin to kenwood double pin

i have a motorola mic that is single pin and a ken wood radio that is double pin ive searched google for hours and havent found anything. maybe i am searching under the wrong thing. do they make adapters for this? both the mic and the radio are expensive so i would like to be able to use them both. if there is no adapter is is it possible to modify anything?
Funker-Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 15:05   #2
MadMorbius
Kenwood and Motorola PTT systems are different. Motorola uses a combination Mic/PTT line, and Kenwood uses a seperate mic/ptt line. One can be wired for the other, with varying degrees of success, but combination mic/ptt lines require external resistors and capacitors, and seperate systems don't use them....

Depending on which way you're going you either have to add them or remove them, and it's for this reason that adapter plugs that match up the plugs just don't work properly.

Lastly, I'm book smart on this subject as a result of running into a similar issue where my very expensive headset and ptt assembly, wired for my Kenwood radio, became useless when I changed to a Motorola radio.
Old December 16th, 2007, 16:15   #3
Funker-Tactical

i have the motorola fitting headset and want it to work on the kenwood radio is there a comnpany that makes something so that they will work together either adding or removing the resisters
Funker-Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 07:55   #4
pOkiE

Send a message via AIM to pOkiE
I know its off topic but I really want a motorola single pin splitter...I have an Iasus throat mic but I want to be able to monitor the radio using my sordins. Anyone know of any company that makes this? I have been looking all over (online and at the electronics shops) with no success...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
I mean, even God carries a SOCOM.
pOkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion