View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2008, 16:35   #1
cranberry

is the actually against the law?

ok, so i took my reciever into a laser engraving company to have it engraved with canadian forces marking's, but the women ( who was just a reseptionist) saw the reciever looked at me paniced and said " is that a real gun".... now i knwo most of u are pissed off at me for walking in public with this but here is the full story..... i phoned ahead of time, told them what i wanted done, told them i was brinign the peace down and they wre fine with it. the second i got there and this receptionist saw the reciever ( no other parts were onit.. just a blank reciever) she freaked out.. she started saying " that better not be real, we arnt touchign that, thats against the law etc..." i got fed up with he rbull shit and made it clear that it was just a toy and i already phoned there place and i was told on the phone it would be ok. she stopped being a bitch for about 2 minytes and let me show her what i wanted done to it. i showed her a picture of a reciever with the engraveings on it. she freake dout again and said i need permision from the canadian military to put those markings on the gun. well i argued with her for about 5 minutes and just gave up.. this women just didint want me there and was scarred as shit that i was talking about a TOY gun. i went back home and looked it up nd i cnt find ANYTHING saying its against the law to engrave military markings on anything. all i can find is how its illegal to make a replica that works the same as the real one.... nothign about looks, just the way it works...

should i go back there and ask to speak with teh manger, or should i leave this one alone and keep waiting till a receiver with canadian marking's pops up on the market?

Thanks

Cranberry