Thread: G&G M14 Spring
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 00:23   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Safest bet, use a Modify 100 spring (the same one I installed in your friend's TM AK with bearing spring guide, net velocity was 370fps, M14 has a longer barrel, with bearing spring guide and tightbore would put yo uaround 385-390fps).

And for increased reliability if you want to mostly run semi only, install a Trigger Master unit. Program it for Safe-Semi-Semi and you are good to go. And, in an M14 it'd be easier than anything to install since you don't have to run any wires through the mechbox and it's rear battery set up only.

Regarding the Trigger Master suggestion, two fault's I've found with the G&G M14 is one, they used rather thin contacts in the trigger assembly, after many semi only shots fired, the arching between the trigger block and the contact the battery is attached to (recall it being battery side, might be the motor side contact), the current flow literally cuts up the metal of the trigger contact until the end after the bent part falls off. Second issue is that the motor will burn out when using a heavier spring and the stock motor. Found this out when the one I was working on was set at around 420fps and the motor decided to smoke badly one day. Easy replacement though, an EG700 short motor works great!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote