Thread: Battery FAQ
View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2009, 22:15   #65
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 View Post
Ebay chargers are good for your money. I have 2 of them and i can tell you, they are worth your 60$ (they can charge ANYTHING)

If you want to use a LiPo but your gun is stock, best is to use a battery which gives discharge rate of 15C and at 7.4V. 7.4V in lipo is equivalent to 9.6V nimh ... 15C will not tear your gearbox and gears apart like an 11.1V , that's why most often, 7.4V 15C batteries priced like an 11.1V 20-35C battery.

No.

Read the update I JUST added.

The reason 15C packs are priced like 25C packs is because it is labeled as "airsoft".

I can get a 1300mAh 15C pack for under 15$ from hobby websites.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...Ah_3S1P_15-25C

It will never be more gentle on your internals. In fact, it will most likely damage the motor and accelerate the wear on it.

Because if the motor is allowed to accelerate very fast, the current drops almost instantly. Where when you limit it, the motor will drain the maximum for a longer period of time before dropping.

Think about it this way. 35A for 1 second then 5A for 9 seconds or 15A for 5 seconds then 5A for 5 seconds.

If you want to save your internals, do a regular maintenance and adjust your mechbox properly. If you are still unsafe, reduce the voltage of your battery.

I have run STOCK TM guns, except for the bushings and spring at 400 fps on 11.1v LiPo for YEARS. EVERYTHING is holding.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote