View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:46   #9
Ming_the_Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
what did you do the recoil test on? airsoft or real steel? I`m assuming it was on real steel.....and if so....what caliber is your rifle?
Yes, real-steel, S&W MP15T (.223/5.56). Though it doesn't simulate a duty load, I also have a Ciener 22LR converison kit for cheap plinking/training.

Again it seems to hold zero, though I wouldn't trust my life on it. For the price for a replica ACOG 4x scope one can get a variable magnification scope of better build, quality, and even warranty. I've seen a wide variety of replica ACOG 4x scopes and they can definitely be a hit and miss when it comes to quality. Also I haven't tested it for a return to zero after detaching it, I assume it would as the ARMs throw lever seems pretty sturdy. Next time I'm at the range I'll throw the fakeCOG back on and see if it holds true, but right now my AR is down.

(Side Note: I'm currently waiting on parts to get my short-stroking problem fixed. Apparently some batches of the MP15T were fitted with an aluminum gas block that wasn't to spec, resulting in a critical leak right were the gas tube sits flush with the block.)

But for airsoft, you should be good to go with the Huang's Green/Black ACOG.

Last edited by Ming_the_Merciless; January 13th, 2009 at 10:52..
Ming_the_Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote