View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2021, 14:33   #13
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

If you're currently using a PTW:
When did you first start using a PTW?
Do you have any plans to switch to a different platform? Why?
I started using a PTW around 2013/2014, it's from the 07 generation. I have a few other guns, but the PTW is a Mk18 built out for myself specifically, and I have no plans to change that. I enjoy not having to re-adjust my hop every time I change BB weights, and rarely find a need to even adjust it when I swap the cylinders. I like that she locks up after the last shot, and requires the use of the bolt release after inserting a new mag, which I tend to slap out of habbit anyway. I also don't have to deal with a tempermental Gas system, which is nice.

She's also seen FAR less maintenance time and repairs than pretty much any other gun I've owned, and I've had many over the years. Generally, once you adjust and tune your PTW, you're not likely to have to do much to it for another decade, beyond regular maintenance like lube and grease periodically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
It is fair to say until you hold it in your hands and play a few games, then you're qualified to say "wasting your money".

Otherwise, the rule of "you get what you pay for" always applies.
Pretty much what happened with me, yeah, they were always cool, but I never actually thought it'd be worth that price until my gun went down and a buddy threw me his second PTW to use for the weekend.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; November 29th, 2021 at 14:37..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote