View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:53   #27
vilreen

Well, about the costs: Cheapest DIY 3D printer that people recommend would set me back for around 600-650 US $. Then the material (PLA) is pretty cheap, around 20$ per kilogram (I estimate this stock would use no more then 0.5 kg, I know the density of PLA and the volume of the model). But I'm pretty far from buying this printer right now, simply because I don't have that money at the moment. That may change in upcoming months, so it will be a goal I'd be striving for

As for 3d printing it in a company which does such things - lowest price I've found quoted me for 107 euros just for the main body of the stock, so I'd estimate the whole stock would set me back around 200 euros with shipping and stuff. I don't want to spend that kind of money on the first pre-alpha prototype :P Simply because I'm already sure there will be several changes in the model before it's finally ready to use and use comfortably. That's why I'd like to have my own printer/access to a printer.

Of course I'd let you guys know when this stock would be buyable Battery issue still gives me nightmares, I don't know what to do with it to make it look nice (without a giant PEQ) and still have enough power to make the gun run smooth...
vilreen is offline   Reply With Quote