View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2020, 12:11   #1
Frag2000

Questions for VFC HK417 GBBR veteran around here!

Hi guys,

long time reader ... first time poster here!

I just acquired a used VCF HK 417 GBBR and love the little beast. Few things need to be fixed, reason why I need to learn from you guys. I have few questions for you.

1. The charging handle is really shaky and loose. Is there a better alternative part that would fix this?

2. I read at few places that the week buffer spring would cause double feed (since the bolt bounce). My serial number starts by a 15 ...so I think that my riffle could have the issue (read it was fixed in 2016). I saw some kits here and there on the net. But any of you guys could recommend one that you know works well as well as not affecting the feeding speed too much? There are always kits better than other, but I was not able to figure it out from my reading.

3. I am not a fan of the stock. Can I fit any AR15 stock on the 417 or I need to look for a specific standard?

4. I read that we could use a longer spring to have the magazine hold 40 rounds. Which one I could use and where I can find these?

5. Since shipping is quite expensive ...trying to bundle here. Is there any other parts you would consider a "must have" on the 417? I could try to order at the same time.

Thank you guys!
Frag2000 is offline   Reply With Quote