View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2020, 06:51   #5
XOIIO

So, again this is a very early sort of design, but here's roughly my plan for the OLED display. I had to tilt it at a slight angle so that I could reduce height a bit, hoping to keep it under 17mm height when mounted or so, and I'm thinking that the battery will be housed in the front unit, going with a flat lipo cell, and the control electronics will be in the front with the screen, this should let me get pretty compact for both, of course I still need a spot for the charging board and whatnot, this is just for me to print out and test fit on the gun, and with the oled and whatnot.

I also designed in some extended shields on the sides so that people to the left or right wouldn't be able to see any sort of blue light coming from your gun, but not at the top of it, so that you can still glance down and see without moving your head back too much.

Another thing is the connection between the two, I'll probably go with an aviation style connector, but they seem to be about 16mm in size, which isn't bad for the front module, it could come out the back on the same side as the overhang, but that is a little large for the oled section.

I could hardwire it in, but I'd like the connectors to be on both sides so that you can change the length or have different options, but maybe it would be better to hardwire the OLED screen part, and just have to figure out how to handle a little slack wire.

The average person probably doesn't have the tools or want to solder six, seven or 8 different little wires, or the spare cable to do it.

Water resistance also needs to be considered for everything, I have a feeling I might end up using a clear resin to seal the oled in the case to protect it from water ingress.

Last edited by XOIIO; May 8th, 2020 at 07:00..
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote