View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2018, 19:05   #2
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Im not fully sure I know what you mean by importation service but ill share with you what i know.

If a gun is Canada Legal, then there's no reason why Evike simply cant ship direct to your door. They list explicitly on their site which guns are Canada-legal. This is arguably the cheapest and most time-efficient method.

If what you are looking to do is a cross-border pickup, where you ship it to a service somewhere south of the border and then drive back with it, the same limitations apply; upon bringing it into Canada, at the very least you should be declaring the value of your goods. Assuming you are only crossing south for a few hours, you are not eligible for a peesonal exemption and will be required to pay tax upon re-entering Canada. At this point you will have to fill out a form and a CBSA officer will asses how much you owe. Same restrictions for the gun being Canada-legal apply, and the CBSA officer will likely require you to provide documented proof that the gun fires within the Canada-safe fps range.

Picking up yourself there is always a chance the border officer decides not to charge you tax, but there is no guarentee either way.

Assuming you do find a cross-border importation service that will manage all this for you, I cant possibly imagine how it would be cheaper than having it shipped direct to your door in the first place.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote