View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2010, 21:17   #1
Amos

What is this? I don't even...

Oh dear god it's finally over.

I've been working on this FAMAS here for about... 6 months now...

This baby is now a FA3674u... After some careful hacking away with a dremal, exacto knife, hack saw... some hidden bolts, some hot glue, epoxy putty and a quick matte black paintjob this thing is finally done...

fires 340 FPS with a +/- of 2 FPS, fully equipped with a trigger master providing safe, semi, 3 shot burst with a healthy cyclic rate of about 1400 RPM on a 9.6V mini battery.

This thing was an absolute monster... For the longest time I just couldn't get it to work right because of the strange trigger contact system, strange motor... and trying to adapt all that to work with a trigger master... but I finally did it!

The motor was an unbelievable pain in the ass... it seems during one of the many dissassembly and re-builds the magnets had sucked in a metal shim causing all sorts of damage.

I was going to get a new motor... but then a local airsofter with ALOT of RC car experience offered to lathe the comm and check the motor out... well... now that everything's working right and the motor comm is actually round instead of the strange bumpy shape it was before... this thing is actually able to pull a fairly heavy spring (for a V1) and spits BB's like a mad machine!

Taaa daaa lol
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; March 25th, 2018 at 06:26..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote