Thread: Loadout help.
View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2018, 01:49   #10
Full-Auto-Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
MP40 is definitely not something you want as a back up weapon to go with a BA rifle. MP40 is really a primary when it comes to size, weight, range etc. Sten is a bit smaller/lighter but than again, it's also a primary, plus airsoft Sten performs worse than decent GBB pistol when it comes to accuracy and range. Only advantage Sten has over GBB pistol I can think of is mag capacity. Group I'm with does WW2 reenactment, some of our events are airsoft, so I do have a bit of experience with MP40 and going up against people with Sten guns. Your best option is getting a pistol as a back up. Lots of options available if you want to choose from WW2 handguns. C96, P38, P08, TT, 1911 etc. One of the guys I know ran C96 as his primary last year. Not very authentic during WW2 event but he was getting kills with it.
Damn, what did they do to their STENs? I've been running mine nearly stock minus a new bucking for years and it performs great. Unless there's something other than the AGM? (And I assume you're not talking about that fancy new GBB one as well.)