View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 00:09   #158
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiShikaku View Post
Stock inner barrel for MAX M4A1 (brand new out of the box). I'll take a micrometer to it later next week after my game on Sunday (I've got everything packed up)
Your barrel is 6.04mm. No need to mesaure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiShikaku View Post
I'll confirm that next week after my game on Sunday. I'll post up the exact FPS differences using max and low tensions on the spring guide locks on both cylinders I have.
Also, the M150 cylinder head used to have a thicker bumper. This will reduce air volume a little bit, and the lack of an extra hole means that the expansion of the cylinder head o-ring occurs a tad slower as Tyson has mentioned to keep compression speed up.

Also, how much lube is in the cylinder affects FPS. A dry cylinder, or one with overlube (grease in the piston head holes) affects FPS. At a training seminar I did, a fellow had an M130 shooting sub-300 fps, and it was erratic. I cleaned and lubed the cylinder in my own very specific fashion, and it jumped up to 350-365 fps, but still too low. I showed him cylinder lock tension, and I judged it to be a tad loose. I added 1 buffer cap shim, and it jumped up to 430 fps, and was consistant, no wild readings.

Your analysis has quite a few variables that mostly negate your findings. Don't worry about, the PTW is a different animal than your normal arisoft fare.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote