View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008, 16:57   #95
Xenos-Fear

Send a message via MSN to Xenos-Fear
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
A buddy got a PTW the other day, and phoned me all in a panic when he saw a BB shatter on him. I let him try one of my mags with Metal Tech BBs, and the gun ran fine, no breaks. His mags were filthy with dirt, sand, grass, etc.

Once we cleaned one of his mags out, and tried his BBs, breaks were fewer, but still occuring. He was using Madbull 0.25g BBs, and when we tried the Metal Tech in his mag, it ran fine the whole mag.

So, I decided to do a crush test on the Madbull BBs. When I crushed it to an easy stop with the pliers, the Madbull split in 3 or 4 areas, and the BB was deformed to 4.02 mm. The Metal Tech when tested split once only, but deformed to only 5.10 mm. The Madbull made a little "POP" sound when crushed, while the Metal Tech was virtually silent.

I would not recommend Madbull for a PTW, or any other gun with a steel nozzle or chamber.
Found my answer. Thanks McGuyver ! You're my favorite PTW tech support !

Still haven't received yet my PTW, but the motor problem... does a lot of people got that issue ?

Found what cause all this !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry on SYSTEMA PTW FORUMS
This is where the fault is. The protective coating has not been removed from the wire. Instead, during manufacture, they have relied purely on the folding of the tabs to cut through the coating. This is not adequate and thus results in a high resistance and eventual failure of the motor.

480 motor is the older one.
490a is for the MAX one. Planetary gears and Hi-Voltage Batt...
490b is for HI-VOLT. but not for planetary gears... not the MAX one as I can understand. SCK 08.

Seems that the one for MAX 08 PTW are burning a lot for... unknown reason. Dammit. Anyway... the only way to prevent this... is to send it to Tackleberry in UK ! lol Seriously... this guy seems to have found the way to prevent the motor failure that a lot of PTW customers has encountered. Anybody here in CA can do the same job ?

Mmmmm... that's pretty odd that Systema did a poor job on this when we pay the high price for this.

EDIT : Here's more info about the motor !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
Systema never claimed the 490A to be a "torque" motor. Their release for the 490 motors (http://www.zshot.com/Download/PF-490.pdf) says the 490A is "High Cycle with High Output" and the 490B is "High Torque with Energy Saving". The fact that Empire interprets that to mean the 490A is a "power" motor is their business.

When you look at what the motors really are, the facts are clear based on basic RC motor info. The only difference between the A and B motors is the number of winds on the rotor (490A with 11 winds and 490B with 14 winds). Fewer winds gives you more RPM with less torque, more winds gives you more torque with lower RPM. It's a trade-off of one performance characteristic for another.
Press releases and marketing are one thing, the real world performance and facts are another. Personally, I go with facts.
About all the maintenance for a PTW.

Like I see in the forums...

- Clean the inner barrel.
- Don't have to put the Systema grease for a long time.
- Don't put Silicon oil on the hop up or inside the mechbox... also inside the inner barrel.
- Clean the Motor ( Brushes and comm ) to remove dirt and debris...
- Use the correct power with the Cylinder.
- The mags if they don't feed well. I have to dismantle them and stretch the internal spring.

Do I forget something important that I should be aware of ?
My ''Old'' B/S Ratings

Last edited by Xenos-Fear; August 9th, 2008 at 21:40..
Xenos-Fear is offline   Reply With Quote