View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2015, 00:32   #30
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I remember that time in airsoft history. No one but a few had IR lasers and emmiters, and no one was even aware that they were on the field. I know some game hosts that were aware because they were some of the ones that ran them. Not only that, but very focused and high lumen lights, sound or bang devices that go over the safe decibel level, or even just aiming lasers made God knows where by God knows who, and nobody batted an eye. Do you check decibel levels and lumens of other devices on your field? Do you have a way of checking them, or do you just outright ban flashlights? In the case of a laser, it must go directly into your eye for an amount of time in order to do damage. That's pretty hard to do unless you are trying at close, close, very close range. Now that we're more educated and realize that more and more people are flying China Air out on the airsoft field, people are making a safety effort. No one had a working chrono at the field today, but we didn't ban all airsoft guns. No one has shown up with a cutting laser yet, so it isn't the end of the world. People looking into reasonable alternatives isn't a bad thing because either they hit the mark, or it doesn't get used. If a proper lab provides full documentation and backing for a device, then that is that, if they don't they don't. If a host bans all laser devices no matter what then that is what they do, they may accept only high end models, they may except modified with paperwork, they may except modified without, they may except it from individuals they know, you may not agree with a hosts regulations and choose not to play at their event, and if anyone is hurt from unreasonable circumstances, then there's going to be hell to pay.
Yea man, I dunno.

Anyways. Lasermax Products have been available on Amazon.ca for a bit. Seems they have started selling minimalist Class 1 IR Lasers on there for fairly cheap prices. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Here. (Note, Amazon has the description wrong for the item, users have posted the correct item information as per Lasermax's site)

Last edited by c3sk; January 5th, 2015 at 00:34..
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote