View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2015, 16:25   #23
ShelledPants

To preface: I'm all about science. Go do sciency things, and science the hell out of your life, maybe even pass on some science to friends. More science for everyone.

The issues about all this is very simple. Reputable sources. Gov't Contracts. Invested care for other's safety.

Trying to save a few bucks so you can be cool guy operator at night, at the expense of causing distrust among players at your game, and causing potential injury to others is not cool.

You can go do all the tests you want, and serialize, microchip and RFID tag your custom lasers out the ying-yang. If it didn't come from the USA and made by a reputable company with the US Governments grinning endorsement, I'm not letting anyone shine it in my direction with my knowledge.

If this means telling a player at my hosted game to remove it, or boycotting the game I'm attending by asking for a refund, or just simply stating my issue to game control and leaving. So be it.

A top tier IR Class one laser from LDI, the OTAL, can be bought and shipped to Canada for around 700USD landed at your door. How do I know this? I've done it. I then resold it a year later to one lucky fellow for about what I paid for it. Circle of life. Etc.

With that 700USD price tag, you gain a number of benefits, the primary being ability to use the laser on 99% of fields with an informed host, and not worrying in the slightest that you may injure your friends or yourself in anyway regarding it's use. If you are of low morals and care not for those around you in the slightest: Then at least you get a super cool IR laser which will probably outlast you and your first born.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote