Thread: BB question
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:07   #33
Crunchmeister

I've used Metal Tech and will vouch for them being excellent BBs. I wouldn't rank MT or BBB as really being better. To me they're on pretty even ground, although I find that the MT are made of a harder material and absolutely will not break when striking a solid surface, whereas BBB will break or crack.

To me, it comes down to variety and cost. Since I started using .28 outdoors, I won't settle for anything else. I've noticed they provide me with a much more stable flight path and better accuracy at range than lighter BBs of any brand. I don't give a shit about close range accuracy for outdoors. 1" one way or another at under 50 feet is moot. I'm a rifleman and I like to take advantage of my rifle's longer range. I have a full length C7 with an Elcan, and with .28s, I can outrange many AEGs and have better accuracy at range. And while they travel slower, they have much better resistance to trajectory change by wind, and much better penetration power in the bush.

And even if MT made .28, BBB are closer to me, faster to get, and are cheaper. I can place an order one day, and they arrive within 1-2 business days. Shipping MT from BC costs a lot more and can take over a week to get to me. So in the end, I pay almost double the shipping cost.

As for Velocity Arms / KSC, I've permanently sworn off those BBs. They jam up all my guns (pistols included) that have 6.03 tightbores installed, and jam up and break in my AK and P90 mags. I've tried .2 and .25 and have the same results, so its pointless for me to keep trying them at this point.

But to the OP, I'd say it's worth the extra cash to get .28 for outdoor games. If you want to plink, then the cheaper .2 and .25 are more than enough. For indoor games, .25 are king. But for outdoors, .28 are the best bang for the buck in an AEG. Honestly, if they weren't so damn expensive, I'd use .3 in my AEGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by militia View Post
Really, they don't work in your mags? I measured these madbulls and there tolerance is bang on, 5.95 consistently. Very high polished and seamless
They won't feed in my AK mags either. Sepulcrum tried them with my AK mags last summer. He loaded up my Real Sword mag, and my 5 KA midcaps. They jammed up all 6 mags solid. Was a pain in the nuts to get the BBs back out of them. I'd never use those in any of my guns after seeing that.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; April 6th, 2009 at 01:13..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote