View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2009, 22:48   #11
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
since this is SAW thread i figured this was the best place to post a couple mods i made.

with the lack of space for a large type battery on my para i was left with minimal options. taped to the outside of the weapon works but is an outright sin as far as appearance goes, same for battery bags. so i decided to mod my box mag to fit the battery. my classic army shell had a damaged tab where it locks onto the weapon so i opted to use my A&K shell and swap the classic army internals.

*mod will not work on A&K box mags as there is not enough room*

first thing to do is remove your internals from the shell. you will see a fairly large tab that is easily removed with a pair of pliers. depending on your battery size this may or may not need to be removed.

next,fit your battery into this void and make sure the assembly slides in smoothly and doesnt "bow out" the sides of the box mag or your ammo will fall into this area.

upon reassembly this is what you should come up with.

next thing to do is make sure there is safe passage for the weapons wiring harness. you will need to do some more notching of the handguard to keep from slicing your wires.

There you have it! A large type battery inside the box mag. Oh i might as well add this is well...This is to make mag changes faster..

six4 is offline   Reply With Quote