View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2008, 10:38   #16
maporms

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I meant the snide remark is a good way...LOL.

Upgrading your AEG (and kudos to you for figuring it out and doing your own!) can be both rewarding and massively frustrating at the same time. There are some general guidelines for good setups...but most times you just have to try it out and see what you get.

Because of the slight variances with all the parts and the number of things that can affect the end result (be it FPS, accuracy or ROF) it's near impossible to say..."add part X and you'll get result Y".

Obviously some rifles are easier than others to work on...unfortunately, with a TM MP5, you've got to take out a good number of screws and split it in half to get to the goods. And just when you think you've got it...you strip screw hole threads, or drop one stupid little o-ring and can't find it, or slip with the screwdriver because you're rushing it and scratch the finish, or any other bone head thing.

The worst part (if you're obsessive compulsive like me) is when you have your rifle setup perfectly...and then tear it all apart again just to fiddle with something else for the hell of it! LOL.

Then you end up with enough spare parts to almost make another one...and it starts all over...

Last week I bought a SAW...70% of the reason I bought it was for the quick change spring feature. I've got about 30 misc springs that I want to chronograph and I don't want to have to disassemble my M4 just to try each one of them out!

Same reason why I go for AEG's with Version 3 gearboxes. Much easier to maintain.