View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:29   #133
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp
Lookin good! I hope that when you say it will move all the way back, you mean it will move almost double the distance of the white bolt part in your image. The bolt moves 2/3 of the lenght of the receiver (all GBBs Ive seen only move 1/3 or less) on real steel. Can you show me by drawing over that render, how far the bolt will move in your system?
The bolt carrier in my design moves 13cm. Do you know exactly how far the real AK carrier moves? I've searched and searched but to no avail.

Quote:
I sure hope it doesnt work like the real steel AK, with gas pressure diverted to the piston via the gas tube (not sur ewhat the proper name for it is), it wont be reliable with BBs and a non rifled barrel, not enough pressure unless your bolt and spring are very very light.
Of course not (but it is similar).

Quote:
Im glad to see that you are willing to follow through with your design, but would be great to see some pics of the internals as soon as possible. I agree, a patent would be a good idea to protect your design, just incase.
Patents aren't international, and are a pain in the ass to obtain to boot. I'd rather keep the design private until I actually start shipping (which won't be for quite a long time).
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote