View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2020, 20:41   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

As someone who builds high end AEGs and upgrades PTWs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
I know nowadays the gate mosfet will give similar if not better trigger response than older PTW’s.
BTC spectre is the definitive smart mosfet. You can potentially get GBBR/P* level trigger response but you need a really beefy battery to handle the amp spikes.
Otherwise, it's not that difficult to get PTW level trigger response, and you can shim the triggers to the same 2-3mm stroke. Only downside is the gun not stopping when the mag is empty, but there is an option for that sensor in the BTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373
What I don’t know is with Rhops being mainstream now and not Bolt action only ideas. Can an AEG reach the distance and repeatability of a PTW???
Unless a PTW had a modified hopup, their range and precision was honestly pretty shit.
With the hop mod, I find my Rhops shoot pretty well exactly the same. I HAVE actually Rhopped a PTW using the orga adjuster, but the hop design itself does not jive well with Rhops. Although it DID work, it produces the same results as the regular hop mod.
A well done flat hop can shoot just as well as Rhop and a PTW hop mod as well, and it's way easier to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373
Also what are the more reliable out of the box and or upgradable AEG brands now???
Zim is the expert on this. If he says VFC, then it's VFC.
I've built off a few G&Gs and if you're doing a complete upgrade, there's no going wrong there, either. But if you want an M4 style, VFC for sure.
*sidenote: if you want something that doesn't take AR mags, make sure the mags can do what you want them to.
I have a VFC KAC PDW, and their mags will not feed for super fast trigger response. And ARP9 mags are single stacked, so you can't upgrade the springs. If you want an M4, the best mags are hexmags.

Advantages of the PTWs is still the ridiculous ease of which maintenance is done. I can be in and out of a cylinder, cleaned and regreased in 2 minutes. Still takes me around 15-20min to regrease an AEG since it has to be taken apart completely.
And also how little needs to be done to make it shoot amazing. Literally just mod the hop, and you're done.
Building a bomb ass AEG, although very easy in the hands of Zim or myself, still requires you find a good tech.
And the reliability of an upgraded gun is still pretty well entirely dependent on the person building it. But on the bright side, it doesn't tend to cost $200+ every time it breaks lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote