View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:50   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Great! I redid the 0.40g and 0.43g series.Turns out it was an "operator problem" and the hop-up was lowered to minimum, I probably changed it without realizing it while manipulating the rifle and assumed the hop-up stayed where it was, because you know, it usually does haha. Also, I've never seen such a drop in power before, that's a whole 50 fps with 0.20g, that and we know that the hop-up rubber can't even hop 0.28g BBs properly. So, the numbers in the Google spreadsheet are good now, I can confirm that the air volume is low, the effective power per shot goes lower and lower as you use heavier BBs.

I'll start by swapping the hop-up rubber and see how it goes. Next I might grab a VSR10 6.01 barrel, probably a 430mm, 55mm shorter than the stock barrel because nobody makes 485mm VSR barrels) and see how it goes again.

I finally got the chance to try the rifle outside. Didn't have much time so I used only 0.32g BBs. The range was only about 35m, as stated by Airsoft Depot on Facebook. But the accuracy was nothing short of amazing. To the point where when you shoot, the BBs stays exactly on top of the front sight until it drops. If its possible to keep that kind of accuracy while increasing power, this rifle might very well be the new VSR10 for vintage rifles fans.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote