View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 21:32   #23
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDream View Post
"This is a quote from my old post on the subject:

" He also understood that people who believe they are right will likely not take heed of the information I'm trying to pass along to keep our sport from falling afoul of the law and drawing the wrong kind of attention. He gave me the extension for direct access to the Technicians and said his office would be more then happy to answer questions if there is still doubt: 1-800-731-4000 Extension 1090.

Section 3 of this RCMP web page makes the language very clear"

*Please* do not assume the police will be understanding or on your side just because you were trying to use common sense should they decide to make an issue of something and *please* do not assume because a firearms owner is being hassled he must deserve it somehow. I can assure you from personal experience that is simply not the case. I've been shooting since the early '70s.

I urge you to call the number above and have a chat with a CFC tech rather then take my word for it.

This is a quote from my old post on the subject:

" He also understood that people who believe they are right will likely not take heed of the information I'm trying to pass along to keep our sport from falling afoul of the law and drawing the wrong kind of attention. He gave me the extension for direct access to the Technicians and said his office would be more then happy to answer questions if there is still doubt: 1-800-731-4000 Extension 1090.

Section 3 of this RCMP web page makes the language very clear"

*Please* do not assume the police will be understanding or on your side just because you were trying to use common sense should they decide to make an issue of something and *please* do not assume because a firearms owner is being hassled he must deserve it somehow. I can assure you from personal experience that is simply not the case. I've been shooting since the early '70s.

I urge you to call the number above and have a chat with a CFC tech rather then take my word for it.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...rK6kEEmU6tKNID "

This was in response to Janus trying to re-educate him.

Other parts of this conversation:
"For Andy's benefit, the reason we measure with .25g or heavier BBs is owing to a mechanical design issue with shorter barreled airsoft guns. We want to get a true maximum reading so the guns are placed in the correct MED class. Many out of the box carbines (M4, etc), & even shorter barreled guns, do not develop their maximum muzzle energy with .20g BBs.

The easiest way I think I can explain this is because it takes the back pressure caused by the heavier BB to consume the full capacity of air the piston in the gearbox can generate. Essentially the lighter BB literally "blows" out the barrel with ease and wastes some of the capacity of the gearbox. When heavier BBs are used more / all of that potential is used. Most techs know this and we've confirmed this with several different stock guns. It's a very repeatable result. We'd actually opt for .30 BBs as our standard but most of the players we see use .25s or .28s.

As I said, it's a simple enough method to accurately measure, once you know the various relationships between all the parts."

It's a shame that this is the case considering if he's left with the assumption he's right, not only is he educating hundreds to make their guns shoot 400+ with 25s/28s/30s, but he's now becoming the only group for airsoft on the island based on his "play for free" narrative.
Who is "he"?

When someone is pumping bad information out like a firehose it's useful to name names.