View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2014, 16:59   #1
MultipleParadox

TM Hicapa Hammer won't release properly

Hey all

So I swapped a bunch of parts and yaddi yadda, reassembled the whole guacamole and bam! Hammer is acting wonky

First thing first, I don't have all original parts to swap them back and test for hours so I won't do that :P

In doubt, I tried different positions for the Leaf Spring prongs and that yielded different results. I don't remember exactly how they should go, but here's what I ended up with (looking at the grip with barrel facing away):

--> "On top of" means visible from your point of view/toward you:

Left prong: don't care
Middle: On top of the sear, applying some pressure "away" from you (toward the muzzle)
Right: On top of the disconnector, pushing the disconnector "away and upward"

==

Now, with this config, the hammer lock back fine, but pressing the trigger will yield different results depending on how I grip the gun:

No grip: Most of the time, the hammer release completely fine

Gripping the... grip (duh): Hammer will either not release at all, or release half-way. The sear gets caught up on the first notch of the hammer. When this happens, the only way to release it is manually pulling the sear.

Note that if I don't put the grip safety, it works pretty well, I'd say 9/10 of the times

==

So I'm naturally thinking: the middle spring prong is maybe applying too much pressure when I'm gripping the grip, forcing the sear to catch on the hammer. But If I were to bend the prong away to release some pressure (haven't tested that yet), I'm pretty sure it would had enough pressure and the hammer wouldn't lock back at all

==

So I'm basically asking:

1st: Is that leaf spring configuration correct?
2nd: Do you guys have dirty tricks to get this working 100% of the time when reassembling?

Thanks

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote