View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2020, 19:06   #5
Ratters

hop improvement

Maple Leaf may make an improved hop tensioner with included "I" key for that pistol. The "I" key occupies the top space of the hop bar so it evenly distributes the downward pressure. One of the plastic wheels has a decreasing radius cut in it the the tensioner fits into. Turning the hop adjuster turns this cut gear and it pulls the bar down and into the hop rubber.

Another thing to consider is the hardness of the hop rubber used. The harder the rubber the more downward pressure to apply serious hop for heavier weight bb's. I have a VFC HK45CT running .28 KSC bios and it's a straight shooter with stock bucking.

It also uses the new exterior adjustment which (so far in my experience) has been reliable and holds set extremely well. Make sure you add some silicone grease to the gears when it's disassembled and make sure after its reassembled that you can use the hop adjuster tool or similar and gently rotate the adjuster.

Big pita if the teeth sheer off because they're unlubed, a bit of grit or sand in there and it breaks teeth. So check it well like a loved pet.

That being said 've seen them Maple Leaf modified hop bar and key) online for other VFC pistols. The overseas Asian stores like Tiger 111, WGC, Red Wolf, even Den Trinity, Bunny, may have something but shipping could be a problem currently unless they are still shipping with UPS.

So check the details before ordering brother

One final thing worth mentioning is that the "I" key alone may solve your problem with the stock bucking. Most people purchase different degrees of rubbers and test them based on the climate and ambient temperatures they play in.

So in order to keep your costs down I would try the key first with the stock bucking and progress from there if you're not getting satisfactory results

Last edited by Ratters; August 17th, 2020 at 19:16..
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote