View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2013, 16:20   #244
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Sorry, I am new to the PTW and not familiar with yours but there many threads on the Tackleberry's mod. I would rather stay with the PTW hop if your mod is better.
There are very few guys in Canada that have a hopup done by Tony himself. Nearly all of them weer done by me or DTT.

Quote:
I am deciding between the 2013 PTW or spending even more $$$ for a FCC, and have a lot of unanswered questions. I have been told that PTW motors are expensive and have a high failure rate and the hop is inconsistent also.
Hopup on a 2012 was better than previous years. But a mod takes care of that, and is the best money you can ever spend of a PTW performance-wise.

The motors need work. I just send them to England and have the armatures rewound, it is about $200/motor once you factor in shipping, new brushes, etc.

Quote:
So your mod still uses the PTW hop?
Yes.

Quote:
Does it also work on a FCC?
Yes, but unfortunately I need to replace the FCC spring with Systema adjuster cushions. Those are a little hard to come by at the moment and I have no spares.

Quote:
If I buy either a 2013 PTW or FCC, can I do the mod or you have to do it for me? Can't find any info on your mod.
The mod is a bit of a trade secret. I won't share it, nor does Tack. It is something that one with technical skill could reverse-engineer, but then you need to source the material in the correct dimensions, order alot of it, and and soend a bunch of time doing. It would be worth it if you were doing lots of them, but for doing your own, totally not worth it.

Quote:
I am also trying to confirm if the 2013 PTW comes with the 490 motor or the 7511 motor.
I would suspect it is a newer version than the 490.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote