View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2012, 23:34   #71
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewroud View Post
So essentially it does not have to be a bearing, like the guns zero hammer.
I actually don't recommend you buying the GunsModify Zero Hammer. It takes a lot of breaking in and minor modifications to function properly. It needs to be worked in extensively.

The reason why Tokyo Marui uses bearings is because it is much easier and more fluent than the zero hammer. The Zero Hammer tends to create more friction on the BBH because it has to GLIDE along the surface rather than SPIN along. Think of a tire versus a sled. Would you rather sled down a paved road or roll in your car or bike? Which would be more effective and which would have greater mileage before breaking?

The Marui Glock 18c has a similar technology to the Zero Hammer and it is not as effective as the hammer bearing on the G17. I've broken that piece many times on my G18c and are super hard to acquire.

Again, if you are worried about the hammer bearing sticking, buy a smaller one. An 8mm size should do the trick.

Or

You can mod your BBH a little to make sure that the bearing doesn't get caught. Really, all you need to worry about is to make it easier for the hammer bearing to hump over the nub on the BBH, which is where all the friction occurs. After it gets over it, then the slide is free to move more fluently.

Quote:
I am assuming this means my mags are sitting to low?
That would be the right assumption and I would think the same thing.
To check, insert your magazine and allow the magazine catch to lock it into place. THen push the mag even further. If the magazine can be pushed further or if there is still room to give, then yes, the magazine will be sitting too low and is causing the loss of air pressure in the BBU.

You can fix this by buying a new magazine catch or adding some duct tape on the notch where the magazine catch locks the mag. It's on the side of the magazine. It'll need some trying and fitting like you did with the BBU.

If you can't already tell, I am a proponent for the use of duct tape to fix every single damn thing in the universe. Yeahhh....

IF the magazine is as tight as it can be AND you have the duct tape installed on the BBU AND the gun is still behaving poorly (provided nothing in the BBU is broken), then you must change the gas route packing (the rectangular hole where the gas escapes on top of the magazine) because it is now worn and can not deliver gas to the loading muzzle properly.

See how the hole is raised a bit and curved? If the curvy part looks like it is too wide, that means the loading muzzle has effectively chewed the crap out of it and therefore requires changing.