View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2012, 15:15   #2
L473ncy

Just a question. Maybe they've fixed this "Engrish mistake" since I last saw it, but what does "Rated for up to 60 Amps and up" mean? Does that mean you can push 1000 Amps through the plugs without them catching fire and exploding in a miraculous fashion? Lol.

Anyways, I've been looking at those connectors, as well as TRX (seem to be smaller like deans) and EC3 (more or less the same size as XT60's) connectors. Hopefully I can do some testing on different connectors as well in the new years after I get my G36 review up.

As far as heatshrink goes, I'm sure once you get some practise that you'll be able to do them fast and well but what I like about the TRX connectors is that they don't require heat shrink, and like the XT60's the solder joints seem to be fairly solid from what I'm reading about them. Not to mention you can only go up to 14 awg wire on the TRX as compared to 12 awg on the XT60's (but I have seen a video of someone doing 8 awg on TRX and a photo of some guy with 10 awg on the XT60's). I know airsofters never use that thick of wire gauge, seemingly preferring 16 and 18 awg wire but the option of being able to do 14 awg or thicker wires is always a bonus IMO.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts. And I'd love it if airsofters adopted better connectors than Deans, or if they at least didn't use the stock Tamiyas like I swear that 99% of people in my area do....

"I am the 1%"...

PS: I love how the polarities are marked on these connectors... It hasn't ever happened to me but I've seen where some people have the wires wired up on the wrong side on Tamiyas (simple to fix using a pin pusher) and Deans but there's no confusion whatsoever with the XT60's and TRX which have the polarity marked on the connector itself.