View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2010, 00:48   #24
aZn_triXta07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
There are loads of stupid regs in regards to blank firing weapons nowadays. Also due to their inherent danger (deadly accidents have happended ala Brandon Lee) insurance can be cost prohibitive I imagine.
Yeap depending on where you are you'll need a permits, permissions, and it just goes on, alot of independant film makers can't afford that and even if they could there aren't enough armourers that can fit them into their schedules.

Wranglers here also just use real-steel, most use modified barrels so the action can continue to cycle. Real steel is generally better because they can always get parts and they NEED their stuff to work.

For handgun, one of the guys I've worked with told me that the wranglers here charge $10/round.

Airsoft (GBBs) are generally more than enough, it's easy to add the muzzle flash, ejecting cartridges ... who says you need to film a close up?

Buying blank guns/replica firearms you'll need a BFL to acquire unless you get those Zoraki Non-Guns, but that just takes you back to requiring a permit to discharge etc. plus those are front-firing I believe? Hence the risk, unless you picked it up from the States where the barrels are plugged and the gas vents from the top you'll need to exercise caution.

Keep in mind everybody these are developed in Japan where acquiring a gun is according to a friend of mine said, "happens once in a blue moon" lol
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote