View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2009, 13:47   #43
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

1. See my original response again. I answered it in detail there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
3. There is no "better" - it depends on your purpose. Competitive shooters prefer the bull barrels (cone) due to the heavier muzzle weight being able to bring down muzzle flip, as well as faster slide cycling speed due to lighter slide weight. Shooters interested in building "1911" style builds prefer the straight barrel, but it requires you to also get the optional barrel bushing kit.
I'll re-iterate that bull barrels carry more muzzle weight than a straight barrel, and it reduces muzzle flip.
And I'll add the spacing between a bull barrel and a slide is roughly the same as the spacing between a straight barrel and it's bushing. The spacing between the inner barrel and either outer barrel is also the same. Different users may have different experiences in regards to accuracy, but technically, they are the same. The pistols will just have a different feel when shooting.
Further, a barrel bushing system has fewer points of entry for dirt and debris to enter the system.

2. Yes, correct

Full gallery here:
http://www.pbase.com/illusive_airsoft/image/65515331

Regarding the slide you want, read the original response I posted again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
3. .... NO online retailer indicates whether the slide has the bushing notch cut in to it. When you ask them, they also give you a "I have no idea what you're talking about" answer. You'll just have to order the slide you want and see if it has the proper bushing grooves in it to support the kit. If it doesn't, then you'll need to stick with the bull barrel.
The several Shooters Design OPS MRP slide that I acquired did NOT have the bushing notch.
All ILLusion Kinetics slides have the notch. Even the one with the MRP-OPS design.

4. Referring to the slide "returning forward in battery" simply means "when it reaches the forward resting portion of it's blowback cycle and is ready to fire again."

Last edited by ILLusion; December 22nd, 2009 at 13:58..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote