View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:09   #37
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
The more crap the better!

Rifle wise, does shooting at 30ft really Help you much? I mean here at Op-for, my MED will be about 80ft. And i dont really have a range to shoot in, unless you count the backyard. Which would be a very bad idea, seeing as its quite open

And im not sure i want to use Beer cans, wouldnt Pepsi suffice? I dont want some guy named CDN_stalker smelling the beer, and traveling to find it.
Hehe, I guess you didn't notice that I said beer bottle CAPS? Is a favourite game of mine, cap hanging by a string, shoot it, watch it flop around as you load the next round............. wait for it to start swinging in a predictable manner then nail it again.

Seriously, whatever distance outside of 25ft that you can learn to shoot it is golden, how do you think I became so proficient with mine? It's all about your technique, technique is key. Propper cheek weld, trigger squeeze and finger placement, breathing............ doesn't matter if you are shooting at 20ft or 200ft, it all still applies. And there is an old Japanese proverb that says 'small things become big things', meaning in this case if you can shoot 3/4" groups at 30ft with your rifle, it'll be really consistant and accurate out to 150ft. If your rifle (and you) can only get CD sized groups at 30ft, then there is somethig wrong with the gun or the shooter. Catch my drift?

I don't know your backyard situation so I'll not comment on it, there are times one can shoot from inside the house out into the backyard as long as the area is clear and safe. Other times it's not recommended.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote