View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:27   #14
RacingManiac

^^ that holster works perfectly for a bonestock Hi-Capa as well. I actually find most Holster issue with Hi-Capa is the shape and width of the mid-frame rather than the squared trigger guard, since the frame is wider than regular 1911. But I would venture to guess anything made for a railed 1911 will negate that particular issue. If you have a frame that is as wide as the slide though(ie, installed a metal kit with different frame) you will be SOL in that regard, but then I am guessing your gun would not be used as a field piece anyway, and a IPSC type speed holster setup is what you want.

As far as that magwell question goes, I think there is little reason why they cannot be made to fit one or the other between WA and TM since that really is not a mechanically linked part. But I find that its not necessarily the best way since you probably can find dedicated TM/WA parts anyway. Also there are enough folks outthere who's fitted RS magwell to their piece as well(see the4thpower's amazing work as example).

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote