Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Gear Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Question about semapo gear (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=175995)

JayGus January 25th, 2016 00:14

Question about semapo gear

Hey guys, seeing as ive destroyed my massif shirt last year, ive been digging around for a new combat shirt. Im partial to the semapo gear one, but I cant seem to find anything stating wether or not their multicam fabric is legit or not. Can anybody provide insight on this?

And if youre wondering why I wont just buy another massif shirt, it lasted 3/4 of a season. As for cryes, unless i get an awesome price, im not spending 300 for a shirt.

redzaku January 25th, 2016 01:00

Why not get a 5.11 combat shirt? At the price point of the semapo gear, you get a better shirt

JayGus January 25th, 2016 18:52

Honestly, never even crossed my mind. Ill give it a boo. Any experience with it?

jdmej2 January 25th, 2016 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGus (Post 1969746)
Honestly, never even crossed my mind. Ill give it a boo. Any experience with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGus (Post 1969746)

I have all 3, Crye Precision and 5.11 combat shirts in Multicam and Semapo in ranger green. Obviously I like the Crye shirt the most. But I absolutely love my 5.11 shirt too! Very good quality in materials and manufacturing. Can't say anything bad about it.

The Semapo shirt is also very good quality. I think they use the same or very similar materials (to my understanding) to Crye Precision, very hard to tell the difference side by side between my Crye and Semapo shirts. Sizing is pretty much the same to U.S. Sizing.

I say buy Crye Precision, that's just me. Both the Semapo and 5.11 shirts are very good. I think the 5.11 shirt is better value because by the time you get the Semapo shirt, the price may be more than the 5.11 when all is said and done.

I wouldn't hesitate on any of them, but it's up to you.

Kokanee January 25th, 2016 22:47

IMHO you got a bum Massif shirt then, it should have lasted a lot longer than that.

JayGus January 25th, 2016 22:58

Haha thats what I thought, Josh. Fyi this is Dienekes off EAR (james) im sure youve seen what I put my stuff through...considering ive blown pouches that were sewn on, on a tag phalanx.

But in all honesty, I only really liked the sleeves of that massif shirt anyway. Was thinking about moving on.

As for the crye shirts, id love one but I just cannot justify dropping near 400ish bucks (stupid stupid stupid stupid exchange) on one.

ThunderCactus January 26th, 2016 19:53

Someone on my team has semapo, They're high end, somewhere above UR-tac and below crye.
Sizing is good according to him, as well.

JayGus January 28th, 2016 00:34

Well, thanks for the replies guys. Though, apparently ive missed the boat on the semapo pre orders. Ill take a look at the 5.11 though.
Im also still open to alternatives. Prefferably ones with button cuffs...velcro cuffs seem to be my arch nemisis and/or the bane of my existance.

Wrath144 January 28th, 2016 02:17

Anyone have Semapo pants and massive weightlifter legs? I'm interested in the size of the seat/thigh to accommodate my big ass and quads.