Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hong Kong trip (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=138692)

Karloss April 3rd, 2012 20:30

Hong Kong trip

Hi everyone,

I decide last week to go to Hong Kong to be able to see all the new airsoft stuff on the market and decide witch new item I`ll add on my website. I arrive yesterday night and I`m about to go visit several airsoft store. I mainly write this post looking for advise from ASC member about what to do here. If you have been here before and you have good recommandation for me it will be appreciated.

P.S. no need to tell me to go to Redwolf !!!

L473ncy April 3rd, 2012 20:34

Pretty much anywhere on Kwong Wa Street.

Swattiger April 3rd, 2012 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by L473ncy (Post 1632934)
Pretty much anywhere on Kwong Wa Street.

Yeah. It's the most concentrated airsoft+military items area, with many shops. Prepare to spend a whole day there. Business hours are noon to 9pm. Sunday is a bit quiet as many shops closed for games.

Take the subway (MTR) to Kowloon side and get off at Mongkok station, read the map at the station for the correct exit.

Have fun!

landwarrior April 3rd, 2012 21:40

I been there this past January. I also have a thread about it here, if you search for it. Ya, just get off at Mong Kok station or Yau Ma Tei. I get off at Yau Ma Tei and to Kwong Wa street. The "no name" stores open late, like....1pm, but I think stores with names that we know open a bit earlier, so you just gotta stay in the neigbourhood. The prices are KIND OF cheaper then here, but not by a WHOLE lot, just gotta look around and ask =). I brought a Eotech 552 there, costed about $33 CDN, M6x also $33, PEQ15, also $33...LOL, good hunting =)

mmmken April 3rd, 2012 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by landwarrior (Post 1632968)
I been there this past January. I also have a thread about it here, if you search for it. Ya, just get off at Mong Kok station or Yau Ma Tei. I get off at Yau Ma Tei and to Kwong Wa street. The "no name" stores open late, like....1pm, but I think stores with names that we know open a bit earlier, so you just gotta stay in the neigbourhood. The prices are KIND OF cheaper then here, but not by a WHOLE lot, just gotta look around and ask =). I brought a Eotech 552 there, costed about $33 CDN, M6x also $33, PEQ15, also $33...LOL, good hunting =)

I just got back from HK a few days ago, and Kwong Wa street was one of my stops. The prices are not as attractive as I thought. I found a G&P Magpul WA-GBBR magazine that was listed at $350 HKD (roughly $44 CAD). The same magazine usually sells for $50-65 in Canada. Not enough of a price difference for me to make any impulse purchases (especially with taxes at the airport/border, and luggage space lost).

I also noticed that I was unable to haggle at all - despite the fact that I only spoke Cantonese at the stores. I couldn't buy anything during my visit.

Is this the same for others?

L473ncy April 3rd, 2012 22:27

Accent or the way you dress maybe?

I'm told that they discriminate based on accents (eg. my mom apparently has a "countryside/villager" accent and when she goes to China people can tell) and the way that you dress as well (eg. dress like a fob/honger from the area not like a Canadian or whatever).

Also, the same happened to a friend of mine, even if he speaks Cantonese he gets crappy customer service.

wildcard April 3rd, 2012 22:40

if you are into gas and have a deep wallet go to gas gun boutique in wan chai if not guns and guys have been really good to me in the past

landwarrior April 3rd, 2012 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by L473ncy (Post 1632994)
Accent or the way you dress maybe?

I'm told that they discriminate based on accents (eg. my mom apparently has a "countryside/villager" accent and when she goes to China people can tell) and the way that you dress as well (eg. dress like a fob/honger from the area not like a Canadian or whatever).

LOL, I didnt try that, just paid the price listed. I guess I dressed differently and I spoke cantonese with an english accent...lol, I was also told that the ppl in Hong Kong can tell who is a visitor and a resident..lol.

gotchya24 April 4th, 2012 01:18

armed forces shop, hands down for me

contact airsoftbuddy.com. hes been GREAT help

RUSTSPOT April 4th, 2012 01:18

you gotta shop around. same item could be 20%+ difference in price from store to store. get your note pad ready.

phloudernow April 4th, 2012 02:15

LOL you dont haggle in Hong Kong, Hong Kong isnt like china, where you can haggle your way down from 500 dollars RMB to 50 RMB. everything there has a fixed price.

Kwong wah Street is a good bet, also check out sham shui po, as well as stores on Castle peak road like Ehobby etc.

Also UN company in Wanchai.

Theres also a bunch of other small stores everywhere like armorytechairsoft in Sai Wan Ho

Also be sure to check out Lankwai Fong for some good partying time there :D

mmmken April 4th, 2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by phloudernow (Post 1633114)
LOL you dont haggle in Hong Kong, Hong Kong isnt like china, where you can haggle your way down from 500 dollars RMB to 50 RMB. everything there has a fixed price.

Kwong wah Street is a good bet, also check out sham shui po, as well as stores on Castle peak road like Ehobby etc.

Also UN company in Wanchai.

Theres also a bunch of other small stores everywhere like armorytechairsoft in Sai Wan Ho

Also be sure to check out Lankwai Fong for some good partying time there :D

That's what I thought, but I've read several posts from others suggesting the opposite.

Things at the eHobbyAsia store are priced the same as their website. Lackluster prices such as this prompt me to believe haggling was an option, lol.

As for looking the part, well.. Let's just say I look more Resident than I do as a visitor.

phloudernow April 4th, 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmken (Post 1633235)
Things at the eHobbyAsia store are priced the same as their website. Lackluster prices such as this prompt me to believe haggling was an option, lol.

yeah i tend not to go to ehobby, friend of mine works there so i get some discount, and they do have a larger selection of G&P guns than alot of other retailers out there which dont really carry them in shop.

however buying upgrade parts n stuff comes easy as you can just buy it all in one place without having to travel everywhere to find different parts.

I still like going to UN and to the shops in Kwong Wah street since they are alot easier to commute to. I really hate going all the way to Castle Peak Road for redwolf and ehobby. tend to not go to them half the time lol.

Anywho, places for Good and hard to find accessories would be Dentrinity. they have lots of sweet accessories you wouldnt find elsewhere.

landwarrior April 4th, 2012 14:56

my advice: just go visit all the airsoft stores!! It's an amazing sight!!!

StrikeFreedom April 4th, 2012 17:47

The key is to dress as "black society".