Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   New pattern for CANSOFCOM? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132087)

Conker October 28th, 2011 11:46

New pattern for CANSOFCOM?

Quote:

Urban Camo from HyperStealth – Updated

This photo, taken this week at SecureTech, is of HyperStealth Biotechnology Corporation’s urban camo pattern called CUEPAT-2.

According to a post on Facebook, “This is the unconventional pattern in field trials, previous computer simulations showed this pattern to be quite effective for both outdoor and indoor urban environments. The perceived depth within the pattern throws off the ambient and focal vision from noticing the target.
This is CUEPAT-1 is a more traditional pattern.

Developed under contract for the Canadian Department of National Defence, Defence Research and Development Canada – Suffield, (DRDC-S) to develop a Canadian Urban Environment Pattern (CUEPAT) based on the unique requirements of Canada’s three major metropolitan areas, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.
These patterns are currently under trial and the winner will end up being used for CBRNE suits. We also hear rumor that the DND is talking about expanding the pattern(s) to CANSOF use.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/10/28...-hyperstealth/

Gulag October 28th, 2011 11:59

The front looks good, but what the hell is on the back?

EDIT: I read it 3 times and I think it's BS, but they sure know better what they do than me.

Conker October 28th, 2011 12:03

Take the time to read and you'll understand ;)

These are two different patterns. As they say. the first one is unconventionnal but works better to disturb dept perception in urban environnements. The second one is simply a more conventionnal (aka CADPAT-ish) version.

Curo October 28th, 2011 12:08

Weird, kinda does screw with the eyes a little bit. I can't imagine finding it outside of SF though. I also don't see it being marketed to the public much. So seeing an airsofter in this would be rare, but it looks really cool.

P.S. would wearing a vest/rig/Plate carrier kinda make the different colour blotch kinda ineffective?

Scouser October 28th, 2011 12:15

i understand what they are going for with the first one, and i think its really interesting....

...but i honestly think the second one is gonna be the winner

BuSaPuNk October 28th, 2011 14:12

First one looks like a picture of a hallway on the back. lol
Really dig the Cuepat-1 the second picture though. Think that would work pretty well.

Gunk October 28th, 2011 14:53

I have an image in my head of special forces operators everywhere, hiding in plain sight... by turning a looking at the wall, and all of us just walking right past...

ThunderCactus October 28th, 2011 14:55

Keep in mind you're wearing a plate carrier over that so it doesn't matter what the fuck the back looks like...

BuSaPuNk October 28th, 2011 15:34

^ I know just funny how it looks. Looks like an artists rendering of something. LoL

Hades October 28th, 2011 15:44

At least with the first one you can draw your tactical entry diagrams on eachothers backs so you wont forget.

DAS BOOT November 19th, 2011 23:17

the back side gives us a clear message: The enemy is expecting you in a Hallway. this pattern conceals our position from the enemy in the figured spot.

Drake November 19th, 2011 23:45

Why are they trying to get a pattern that blends into TO, Van and Montreal?

I know it's not Stanley Cup riots or TO wouldn't be in the list (oh BURN)

BoB November 19th, 2011 23:50

Preparing for homegrown terrorism? This is just weird to me.

panzergrenadier November 19th, 2011 23:52

Except it really doesn't matter about the "painting" on the back once armour is being worn... Fucking stupid idea for camouflage.
In Fact! Why don't we just print that out on a big poster and tape it to the back and front of the operator...
Better yet! Let's do that for all our camouflages...
Fucking retards

ShadowNet November 20th, 2011 00:27

Is camouflage even necessary for Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal? These are mostly urban environments - I would assume they rely on speed and surprise rather than concealment. The ETF just wears gray and black. Some RCMP ERTs got multicam, but it seems more tacticool than practical.